To Apply for this position, email a current resume directly to Tiffany Every | email@example.com.
Applicants who do not submit resumes as instructed, will not be considered.
You will be joining one of the most progressive and influential mission focused churches in the country. We expect your presentation of yourself through communication, resume, and interviews to be done with excellence.
The Mission Associate is a full-time associate level staff position that will participate as part of the mission leadership of the church, and report directly to the Pastor of Mission. The Mission Associate will equip the people of Sugar Creek Baptist
Church in effective evangelism/disciple making approaches, and develop/equip/lead the reproducing evangelism/disciple making process in alignment with Sugar Creek’s local and global strategies.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Develop evangelism/disciple making methods that result in formation of missional groups and/or reproducing healthy churches.
- Coach/mentor leaders of Sugar Creek’s lifegroups, with focus on multi-site target areas using a Model, Assist, Watch, and Leave model. Once the groups and coaching is at the Leave level then the ongoing responsibility for the groups and leadership accountability
will be turned over to Adult Ministry.
- Develop measurements to verify effectiveness and adjust methods as needed.
- Mobilize teams for both local and global intentional evangelism/disciple making outreach with effective follow-up processes and measurements.
- Assist with leadership and development of Missional Map elements of Sugar Creek’s mission strategy to include Urban/Multi Cultural Camp
- Develop/organize/ lead projects and access events for Sugar Creek participants that are in alignment with Sugar Creek’s mission entry strategies
- Organize and lead mobilization events as directed by the mission leadership.
- 3-5 years working experience in progressively responsible positions. Ideally 2-3 years of church ministry experience.
- Demonstrated evangelism/disciple making gifts
- Passion to share the Gospel in this city and region.
- Must show evidence of a Spirit-filled life.
- Ability to cast a compelling vision of abundant gospel sowing/disciple making.
- Demonstrated training and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and celebrate life in a multi-cultural, multi-generational context.
- Demonstrated process and project leader that people will count on and follow.
- Has ability to support and follow the direction of the Lead Pastor of Sugar Creek Baptist Church, and work in fellowship with the church staff.