To Apply for this position, email a current resume directly to Tiffany Every | email@example.com.
Applicants who do not submit resumes as instructed, will not be considered.
You will be joining one of the most progressive and influential mission focused churches in the country. We expect your presentation of yourself through all communication, resume, and interviews to be done with excellence.
The Mission/Prayer Director will participate as part of the mission leadership of the church and report directly to the Pastor of Mission. The Director is responsible to provide direct leadership and support of the missions and prayer ministries of the church.
- To equip spiritual leaders in both the mission and prayer ministry for the work of the ministry.
- To communicate internally and externally the vision, values, purpose, strategy, and outcomes of the mission and prayer ministry of the church.
- To integrate mission and prayer principles and practice throughout the ministries of the church.
- To build teams of volunteers carrying out the work of the ministry.
- To ensure a high level of quality in all volunteer ministries related to the Mission and Prayer Ministry.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist in the ongoing development of a comprehensive missions ministry in alignment with the vision of the mission leadership of the church.
- Work with our ministry staff to integrate progressive steps of missions involvement in their respective ministries as related to our Global Outreach Plan.
- Work with the Missions Committee and Missions Ministry Teams for the purpose of developing and maintaining excellence within our missions ministry.
- Seek to establish broad-based participation on the part of as many members of Sugar Creek Baptist Church as possible in missions activities by overseeing the GO Champion ABF Integration and development of Youth and Children's ministry mission teams.
- Oversee the mission/prayer communication emphasis within the church.
- Develop and oversee our yearly missions festival.
- Work with the Missions Committee in overseeing the missions budget.
- Provide appropriate training opportunities for Staff and volunteers related to the mission/prayer ministry.
- Oversee the Standards of Excellence in Short Term Mission certification process for Sugar Creek Baptist Church.
- Working closely with the Prayer Ministry Leadership Team, assist in the ongoing development of a comprehensive corporate prayer ministry.
- Recruit and train prayer ministry leaders.
- Be responsible for developing and overseeing special prayer events within the church ministry.
- Demonstrated life style and passion reflecting giftings towards missions and prayer
- A minimum of 7 years of ministry experience with a minimum of 5 years in a large church (1000+) context.
- Must show evidence of a Spirit-filled life
- Coachable and able to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated project management/administration/organizational skills
- Demonstrated training and communication skills.
- Track record of success leading teams to achieve measurable goals;
- Knowledgeable of best practices in reproducing evangelism/disciple making methods in U.S. and Global context.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and celebrate life in a multi-cultural, multi-generational context.
- Demonstrated process and project leader that people will count on and follow.
- Has ability to support and follow the direction of the Lead Pastor of Sugar Creek Baptist Church, and work in fellowship with the chruch staff.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of OutreachHOPE Church
- Richmond, Virginia
- October 18
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- October 12
Church Planter/Network LeaderCentral Region, MCUSA
- Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois
- October 11
Missions and Community Outreach DirectorFoundations Church
- Loveland, Colorado
- October 7
Local Outreach DirectorFellowship Bible Church Dallas
- Dallas, Texas
- October 6