Faith Baptist Church in Kentwood, MI is a 75-100 person church strategically located as a suburb of Grand Rapids, MI. Over 250,000 people live within a 20 minute drive of the church, and thousands of students who attend both large Christian Universities (Cornerstone University and Calvin College) as well as community colleges, state schools and satellite campuses. We have a 200-250 seat sanctuary with plenty of room for growth. We have a strong desire to reach the thousands for men, women and children in our community with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for a Senior Pastor who is a servant leader, with vision, passion for, and some experience in, reaching people far from God in a suburban setting. He will have a desire and drive to be part of a missionally minded church. He will have strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and inter-personally), a passion to raise up new leaders, and the ability to motivate others to go and make disciples as Jesus has commanded us.
- Leadership and Vision
- A motivational leader, vision caster, and strategic planner.
- A discipler of men.
- A coach and team builder for lay leaders.
- A missional mindset, a lifestyle of relational evangelism, and experience motivating and equipping others to effective community outreach.
- Able to lead in a way that earns the trust and support of the congregation, and builds consensus to navigate change.
- A big-picture thinker and proactive problem solver.
- A man who organizes, energizes, and empowers board, staff, and ministry leaders to implement our shared vision.
- He should have the heart of a shepherd, and experience equipping and empowering staff and lay leaders to provide pastoral care to the congregation.
- Preach and Teach
- Preach for life transformation by applying the truth of God’s Word to people’s personal needs and spiritual needs in culturally relevant language that is challenging, inspiring, and high on practical application.
- Oversee worship planning to inspire the church and reach the community
- Exemplify Christian Character
- Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and His church.
- Model a heart committed to reaching the far from God and making disciples in accordance with the great commission.
- Model attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles and demonstrate consistent personal spiritual growth.
- Personal Qualities
- The Senior Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- He shall have a strong grace orientation and proven integrity, wisdom, humility, joy, compassion, authenticity, and optimism.
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- Professional Qualities
- Minimum of some ministry experience in a local church as an Pastoral Intern or Part-time staff member or Associate Pastor.
- Experience in supervising part-time staff.
- Experience in working with an elder board.
- Bachelor Degree from Bible College or Master’s Degree from Seminary or ordination from an evangelical church.
- Must agree with, and be energized by, our Mission, Vision, Statement of Faith, and gospel centered philosophy of the ministry.
- Must be willing to work within our partnership and affiliation with Converge MidAmerica and Converge Worldwide.
Applicants should send their resume via email to Katie@convergemidamerica.org with the words FAITH BAPTIST KENTWOOD SEARCH in the subject line. Do not contact the church directly. Also applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Lead PastorFirst Baptist Church of Dayton, OH
- Dayton, Ohio
- October 24
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Campus PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Freeport, Illinois
- October 13
Converge MidAmerica is a missional network of gospel driven churches.
Converge MidAmerica is a proven church planting force reaching people from every segment of society. We are a missional network of likeminded churches who have worked together to start over 80 new churches in the last twelve years.
Converge MidAmerica is serious about church health with a number of new church health initiatives we commitment More...