Pinelake Church is seeking a Student Pastor for our Madison Campus. The Student Pastor serves as the lead pastor and directional leader in Pinelake Church’s Student Ministry (grades 6-12, plus college), and is responsible for the comprehensive development
and implementation of Pinelake’s vision, mission, and strategy for student ministry at the Madison campus.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Train and nurture staff and servant leaders to engage and equip students to become both disciples and disciplemakers who learn from Christ, live for Christ, and lead others to Christ.
- Provide overall directional leadership and age-graded vision and strategy for student ministry (grades 6-12, plus college) at the Madison campus.
- Oversee and evaluate all components of Madison student ministry to achieve the strategic plan, including vision casting, implementation, and ongoing refinement of all weekly ministry at the Madison campus.
- Supervise and develop the Student Ministry staff, including input into organization, delegation, staff development, and accountability for each direct report within the Student Ministry Team at the Madison.
- Ensure a comprehensive leadership recruitment, development, and shepherding plan to cultivate highly committed, well-equipped, multiplying servant leaders who embrace the vision of student discipleship.
- Develop, oversee, and supervise a student leadership team ensuring the fulfillment of the staff values while effectively utilizing team decision-making principles.
- Participate in activities on local school campuses during the academic year to maintain an active presence (i.e., lunches, volunteering for school programs, attending school events and functions and school Bible studies.)
- Supervise the selection of all materials, curriculum and resources to effectively communicate God’s eternal truths; remain current on all new resources.
- Oversee the purchase, use and maintenance of all equipment used by the Student Ministry to ensure proper operation, safety of the operator and participants, and security of the equipment.
- Prepare and manage the Student Ministry budget within the parameters established by the Family Pastor and Senior Leadership Team.
- Communicate with the Family Pastor, peers, subordinates, and servant leaders the strategies and activities of the Student Ministry; schedule these activities as specified by church policy and procedures.
- As a loyal team member, cooperate with other staff members and follow the leadership of the Family Pastor and Executive Pastor of Ministries.
- Assist other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events.
- Conduct daily personal prayer time and devotional studies; attend seminars, workshops and other forms of continuing education as a means of self-development and growth.
- Attend at least one regular weekly worship service and be present on the church campus during all other regular weekly worship services.
- Perform administrative duties such as compiling reports, preparing expense reports, and completing purchase orders as required and as specified by church policy.
- Cooperate with the Executive Staff, Elder Team and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry plan of Pinelake.
- Utilize the services of the Administrative Assistant and facilities staff, which are consistent with their Position Descriptions
- Supply articles relating to your area of ministry on a periodic basis for use in Pinelake communication vehicles.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is expected; master’s degree from an accredited seminary is preferred. A minimum of five years experience and/or training is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.