Our progressive Baptist Church is located in the DFW Metroplex and has seen solid growth and 4 construction expansions in 10 years. Currently hosting 4 weekend services and aggressive ministries across the generations, our need for administrative leadership has grown tremendously. With a healthy church and staff culture, this is not just a pastor’s right-hand man; this is a role for someone who can contribute to the vision and strategic direction alongside our lead pastor and wonderful staff.
The church is committed to engaging the community, reaching the unchurched, and growing disciples. This is a gospel-centered family who is in the midst of a 5-year strategic journey of initiatives to fulfill these commitments. Set in one of the 12 fastest-growing school districts in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, the church family is working to meet the growing needs of the community with mentoring, hunger initiatives, multiple worship styles and services, effective small groups, and aggressive generational ministries.
The Executive Pastor will have responsibilities in the areas of Management/Leadership and the Administrative and Human Resource Development, including significant involvement key volunteer teams (Finance, Personnel, Site Development). The candidate must be organized, assertive, have excellent strategic and management leadership, and be very relational.
Focal Responsibility Areas
Strategic Planning Focus
- Assist/facilitate development of strategic plans
- Monitor the progress of our entire staff on achieving strategic goals and plans.
- Update our overall plan as circumstances change, keeping our plans relevant and on-target.
Financial Management Focus
- Work with the Treasurer, Financial Secretary, and Finance team to monitor revenue and expenses.
- Maintain appropriate models for projecting future revenue & expenses as we plan for future growth.
Human Resources Focus
- Coordinate the Personnel Team’s work to maintain appropriate policies and practices that maximize the effectiveness of the church staff.
- Assist lead pastor in overseeing all human resource operations, evaluating, training, and directing staff, as well as developing needed staff positions and hiring.
Campus & Equipment Focus
- Oversight of our facility strategy and Site Development Team, providing necessary information and resources for that team to function well.
- Work with staff and volunteers to coordinate the logistics of adding new space to ensure a smooth transition.
- Provide the necessary equipment to furnish additional spaces in coordination with educational staff in light of the needs of the church at the time the new space becomes available.
- Supervision of the Facilities Director
- Assist the Facilities Director to develop appropriate budget proposals for building and landscaping needs.
- Oversee maintenance and/or replacement of vehicles and other church equipment.
- Witness to persons about a personal relationship with Christ on a consistent basis.
- Pray for our church and its influence in our community.
- Participate in hospital visitation on a regular basis.
- Assist Lead Pastor in directing staff meetings and coordinate with other ministry leaders for events & resource usage.
Committee/Team Coordination & Oversight
- Finance Team
- Financial Secretary
- Operations Coordinator
- Site Development Team
- Personnel Team (with Lead Pastor)
- General oversight of the entire office support staff team.
- Healthy relational skills
- Administratively gifted
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Prefer graduate degree (business or ministry)
- Experience in church staff settings
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Weekly Worship Attendance: 1300
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Vice President of CoachingChurch Leader Insights with Nelson Searcy
- Boca Raton, Florida
- September 26
Executive PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
International Church Executive PastorTrinity International Church
- Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz
- September 19
First Baptist Church
Vision: Changed Lives... That's what our church is all about. We believe that life is more than just religion. Jesus intends to change lives as He renovates them from the inside out! So our church is focused on following Jesus as He changes our lives and changes our community as He uses us to serve the needs of our town, our country, and our world. ? Within the next two decades over a quarter of a million people will live within 20 minutes of our church campus. We are called to... ? CONNECT - to connect people with God through a faith relati More...