Morningside Academy, a ministry of Morningside Church, is a private, Christian school in Port St. Lucie, Florida, and is seeking a new Middle/High School principal. Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, Philosophy of Christian Education, references (2 personal and 2 professional, one of which must be a supervisor) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB TITLE: Middle/High School Principal
REPORTS TO: Academy Administrator, Executive Director, Board of Elders
SCHOOL MISSION: Morningside Academy serves to nurture the spirit, educate the mind, and train the body to shape Christian citizen-servants for the next generation of leadership.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Principal of Morningside Academy Upper School will oversee all academic programs and teaching faculty from 6th to 12th grades. He or she will be a fully committed follower of Christ and proponent of Christian education. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training and evaluating faculty, implementing curriculum, communicating with parents, organizing schedules, creating a strategic plan, supervising student conduct, utilizing technology, and fostering an environment of Christian discipleship in an academic setting.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: The principal of Morningside Academy Upper School will:
- Articulate and champion a vision for Christian education
- Understand best teaching practices and instruct faculty on teaching methodologies
- Implement an effective teacher evaluation process
- Be an excellent communicator and highly organized leader
- Supervise instruction, assist teachers and staff, coordinate in-service training, orientation, faculty meetings, etc.
- Lead faculty development for all 6th -12th grade teachers
- Demonstrate a knowledge of Christian and secular curriculums
- Supervise office staff
- Compose a strategic plan for academic excellence
- Communicate with and assist Christian parents in “training up a child in the way he should go.”
- Achieve measurable academic student progress goals in conjunction with administrative team
- Help organize student class schedules
- Create a positive, safe atmosphere for student learning
- Be involved in hiring new faculty
- Develop and coordinate scheduling of all middle and high school programs, activities, events, facilities and teachers/staff
- Assume leadership in the discipline of students
- Maintain professional relationships with faculty, staff, and all constituencies following Matthew 18 principles in problem resolution
- Perform other duties as necessary
PERSONAL QUALITIES: The principal of Morningside Academy will:
- Be an action-oriented and self-starting, highly organized leader
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be a humble, Christian role model
- Manifest the fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 6:22-23) and display an eagerness to serve others (Luke 6:40).
- Display the spiritual gifts of administration and teaching (Rom. 12:7-8)
EDUCATION/TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s in Educational Leadership from an accredited university or college is required; doctorate is preferred. Should have at least three years of administrative experience. He or she will be a fully committed follower of Christ and proponent of Christian education.
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance and Pension Plan.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Elementary Program LeaderCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- December 2
Assiant to Children/Student PastorPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
Director of Children's MinistryWalnut Street UMC
- Chillicothe, Ohio
- December 1
Morningside Church & Academy
Morningside Academy currently enrolls over three hundred students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. We seek to honor God in all that we do, and provide a loving prayer filled atmosphere where students are encouraged and supported to discover and use their spiritual gifts.
It is our desire to provide a Christian education where Biblical principles are taught through the life and attitude of the teacher, a Bible centered curriculum and consistent integration of thought, word and deed. Morningside Academy a More...