Children’s Ministry Director
Provide assistance to the Children’s Pastor
Provide direct supervision and support to the following ministry Coordinators*:
- 1. Awana Puggles Coordinator
- 2. Awana Cubbies Coordinator
- 3. Weekend Nursery Coordinators
- 4. Weekend Preschool Coordinators
- 5. Special Event Nursery Coordinator (Easter, Christmas, etc.)
* This position is the “stop gap” for nursery and preschool. If any of these Coordinators is not in place, it is the responsibility of the Director to find such Coordinators and/or ensure that such ministry is provided. For example, if there is no Coordinator
for Special Events, the responsibility lies on the Early Childhood Director to provide nursery care for those events.
Time Commitment: One Year Commitment to 12-15 hours a week. Must provide direct supervision for each of the services monthly (i.e. must oversee Worship Loud Nursery at least once a month, Sunday 1st once a month, etc.)
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure that each service has enough volunteers in the nursery and preschool (minimum of 4 services per week, two ministry areas, with approximately 32 volunteers per week).
- Provide competent/approved nursery and preschool childcare for Children’s Ministries meetings and events.
- Recruiting & Assimilation
- Expand the current team of volunteers using various recruiting techniques.
- Process new volunteers utilizing application, interview, and screening processes.
- Maintain current listing/database of nursery and preschool volunteers.
- Leadership Team Building
- Maintain an organizational structure that facilitates the ministry in the most effective and efficient manner. (Ex: Identify a Coordinator for each service and age group and build into those leaders so that they can, in turn, build into their own teams)
- Provide opportunities for continued education (ex: first aid/CPR for children)
- Provide forums for interaction and encouragement (ex: Family picnics, play dates, etc.)
- Leadership Team Maintenance
- Provide direct and indirect supervision and support to the entire team of nursery and preschool volunteers by ensuring adequate attention to the needs of team (i.e. facilities, equipment, recruiting, etc.) - whether via coordinators or directly with volunteers.
- Ongoing communication/encouragement of Coordinators (ex. A phone call, email, or card thanking them and or otherwise encouraging them personally – not necessarily for their help, but personally encouraging them)
- Regular face-to-face interaction with your Coordinators (ex: meals or otherwise)
- Hold coordinators and volunteers accountable for their ministries and reward them accordingly (ex: spontaneous recognition; gift cards, candy bars, etc.)
- Communicate with me any needs or issues that need attention.
- Work with Coordinators to ensure that all volunteers are background checked.
- Assist in providing training to volunteers at meetings.
- Identify training needs and work with the Children’s Pastor to create a library of digital video training segments.