In search of a Worship Pastor. This individual would be primarily responsible for developing, maintaining and overseeing a relevant arts/tech ministry for a growing church. This individual will build and lead the teams of volunteers that are necessary to
minister to the local body through the arts. The position will work in developing, leading and producing worship services that engage the hearts of worshipers in meaningful, life-changing ways.
Team Facilitation: Responsible for helping to recruit, train and shepherd volunteer teams to lead and/or participate in all arts/tech ministry areas.
Will also identify and plan for the gaps between where we currently are and where we need to go, identifying and implementing the logical "next steps”.
Ministry Budget: Will work with the Executive Pastor to develop, recommend and manage the accounts connected to worship ministries. This will include reporting all expenses in a timely manner and reviewing budgets and budget line items.
Ministry Staff Participation: Will participate in the general pastoral care of the congregation as directed by the Senior and Executive Pastors.
Education, Skills, Abilities & Spiritual Gifts:
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university, preferably a music major/minor.
- Significant academic training in Bible and theology is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the ministry focus areas of this position.
- High level working knowledge of all aspects of live production, including: audio, lighting, video, multimedia, music and staging.
- Experience in a modern musical style.
- Excellent up-front worship leader in large public setting; with advanced skill levels in vocals, guitar and keyboard with the ability to lead an effective rehearsal for both vocalists and band members.
- Competent at reading and arranging music as needed for teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills that reach across generational barriers.
- Can both lead and thrive in a larger team-based environment.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Ability to multi-task quickly with good decision making skills and a commitment to excellence.
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching and administration/organization.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity and character consistent with the Biblical requirements for leadership and worship.
- Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ evidenced in lifestyle, personal relationships, commitment to the church and work ethic.
- A heart and passion for reaching the lost.