General Description of Position:
Our Director of Children & Family Ministries is responsible for leading the church to assist
parents in their God-given responsibility of providing spiritual training and guidance to their
children. Scripture is clear that parents are primarily responsible for their children’s “training and
instruction in the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4). Parents are specifically commanded to teach God’s
Word “diligently to your children” (Deuteronomy 6:4-9). Older adults, in general, are instructed
to be an example and teach younger adults in the church (Titus 2). With this as background, the Director of Children & Family Ministries is responsible for supporting the vision of the church which reads as follows: “Alert Covenant Church is a caring community of Christians with a passion for nurturing the family. We do this by encouraging believers to live Christ-centered lives, and by reaching out in service to our community to draw people toward faith in Christ.” This ministry position is responsible for providing leadership in equipping parents to be effective in training and discipling their children in the Lord, recruiting and training volunteers for children’s ministry, and partnering with our families to enable them to fulfill the mission of our church.
Our Director of Children & Family Ministries is a full time position.
- Professes faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and possesses the call of God to children’s and family ministry
- Possesses a firm foundation in the Word of God and is devoted to the Scriptures for providing truth, guidance and direction in the fulfillment of God’s calling
- Possesses a respect for parents and their role as the God-given authority in their children’s lives
- Committed to consistent personal prayer and devotional life
- Demonstrates gifts in teaching both children and adults
- Possesses a love for children and a desire to see them grow up with a personal, growing relationship with Jesus
- Is able to provide loving, compassionate and confidential guidance in counseling children and parents in matters of spiritual and personal concerns
- Is willing to support the values and affirmations of Alert Covenant Church and the Evangelical Covenant Church
- Preferred that this person has earned at the minimum a Bachelor’s degree, but is not required, and is willing to pursue continuing education
- Cast and implement the vision for the children’s ministries in concert with the church’s overall mission and vision statements
- Pursue the possibility of an after school program.
- Work with the lead pastor and Board of Christian Education in coordinating the church calendar of children’s ministry programs and functions alongside other church functions
- Create a welcoming environment for new children and their families, with special emphasis on knowing them personally
- Provide administrative leadership and oversight to the Children’s and Family Ministries. Current children’s ministries are as follows: nursery, children's church, Sunday school, vacation bible school, Christmas program, covenant kids camp, and children's sermons.
- Maintain and continue to develop biblically relevant, family ministry programs that foster spiritual development. This includes but is not limited to:
-Strengthen our existing children’s ministries and provide vision for how we can better reach the young families of our community with the good news of Christ
-Foster lines of communication by keeping parents informed of activities and ministries that are being planned
-Evaluate, select, and develop curricula and resources that are theologically sound and teacher friendly
-Submit an annual budget to the budget team that reflects the needs of the Children’s and Family Ministries needs
- An enabler of volunteers and empowering them in the areas of their giftedness
- Be present in the community by attending events that the Alert families are involved in
- Participate as a member of the pastoral staff working with the Lead Pastor in such pastoral ministries as hospital visitation, counseling, and other needs requested by the Lead Pastor
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend Board of Christian Education meetings
- Attend Executive Board meetings
- Be directly responsible to the lead pastor
The entire job description and application directions can be found by visiting our website at alertcovenant.org and then clicking on "Employment Opportunities".
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministries Pastor/DirectorCrossroads Community Church
- Henderson, Nevada
- September 29
Children's Director/PastorPrivate Profile
- Cornelius, North Carolina
- September 28
Children's Ministry DirectorLife Church of Fort Collins
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- September 28
Director of Children's MinistryScioto Ridge United Methodist Church
- Hilliard, Ohio
- September 28
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27
Alert Covenant Church
The Alert Covenant Church, located in the beautiful rolling hills of north-central Kansas, was founded in the winter of 1874. Today, the church is reaching out to people of all ages in the surrounding area, with the purpose of introducing them to a living Christ. Worship services are open and semi-informal, with casual attire the norm. Sermons are Bible-based and relevant to everyday issues. Visitors often comment on the warm and friendly atmosphere. There is a kid’s church for children Preschool thru 5th grade, and a nurser More...