The person filling this position will provide writing, editing, and production assistance to the Communications Team and will play a key role in the ideation and concept-design process for Communications projects with the objective of upholding effectiveness and excellence in all Stonebriar communications.
- To effectively represent the core values of Stonebriar Community Church in the content and production of all church communications.
- To support with excellence all ministries and departments of Stonebriar Community Church.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Agreement with the core values and ministry values of Stonebriar.
- Servant’s heart.
- Teachable and open attitude.
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field of study.
- Two to three years experience in professional writing and collaboration with creative teams.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A flair for writing with an understanding of what works on the internet vs. what works in printed publications.
- Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong orientation to details and deadlines within a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong understanding of printing and media production issues.
- Self-motivated, yet able to collaborate effectively with team.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of following applications: InDesign, MS Word, and basic HTML.
- Familiarity with the following applications helpful: CMS (Typo3, WordPress and/or Drupal), Photoshop, PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for interviewing potential article candidates.
- Must be able to take simple photos at events or interviews to support articles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Writer will fulfill the following responsibilities, as assigned by the Director of Communications:
- Coordinates content for and produces the worship folder and sermon notes each week.
- Accommodates requests for weekly pre-service slides for Worship Center.
- Works with Music and Worship on a weekly basis to produce lyric slides.
- Generates copy for special projects as assigned by the Director of Communications.
- Manages, generates, and maintains website copy to ensure accurate, vital content.
- Serves as a resource to the Stonebriar staff for editorial and proofreading assistance.
- Facilitates special requests from staff, church members, and visitors whenever possible (e.g., requests for newsletters, quotes, other information).
- Performs support duties as required for Communications activities.
- Provides support for our digital way finding system (churchwide TV monitors).
- Graphic design skills a plus but not required.
Team Member Contribution:
Actively contributes to the improvement of the ministry of Stonebriar Community Church and provides prayerful support.
- Teamwork: Functions well with co-workers, treating them with honor and grace.
- Spiritual Encouragement: Encourages spiritual focus and commitment by modeling the Core Values of Stonebriar Community Church.
- Improvement of Ministry Operations: Contributes toward the improvement of the ministry as a whole.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Discipleship DirectorRestoration Church
- Mechanicsville, Virginia
- October 23
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Discipleship Ministries PastorBethel Church
- Fargo, North Dakota
- October 20
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Stonebriar Community Church
Stonebriar exists to encourage all people to pursue a lifelong, joyous relationship with Jesus Christ. Our history dates back to 1998, when a small group of people, including Senior Pastor Chuck Swindoll, founded a church in Frisco, Texas. We are a nondenominational, evangelical Christian church. That means that we are governed by our own elders, not an outside organization. About 4,000 people worship at Stonebriar each Sunday. More...