Are you a worship leader who enjoys creating a worship experience for spiritual explorers and believers alike? Do you get excited about being a part of a young and growing church and shaping it from the ground floor? If these things sound, then we want to
hear from you.
But first, a bit about us:
Lake Forest Church is a vibrant, growing 16-year-old church of 2,000+ people meeting across three different campuses in the Lake Norman area of North Carolina. LFC-WestLake is our newest campus. Launched in February of 2014, it now gathers 300+ men, women,
and children every Sunday for worship and teaching in the growing community of Denver, NC.
Lake Forest Church is a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) and is known for ‘reaching people who’ve given up on church, but not on God’, through a clear and engaging focus on Jesus, spiritual growth in small groups, and intentional deployment
outward in mission. Our worship experience is a key element in our growth and discipleship.
Worship Leader Role Overview
Here’s what we are looking for in a Worship Leader:
- Christ-centered, engaging worship.
- High-caliber musicianship.
- An ability to both coach a team and participate as team player.
- A passion for leading the people of God to worship Him through beauty, creativity, and excellence.
Reporting to the WestLake Teaching Pastor and working closely with the LFC Worship Arts Director (Huntersville), the primary responsibilities of the WestLake Worship Leader will be to lead musical worship at the LFC-WestLake campus and to participate in
the collective worship-planning culture at Lake Forest Church.
This person will be the worship leader for the WestLake campus, but may also lead on occasion at the other campuses as part of the Lake Forest Worship staff.
- Collaborate with the LFC Worship Planning Team to plan and coordinate song sets, creative elements, and service flow for Sunday worship services at WestLake.
- Lead a weekly rehearsal to ensure a high quality of worship music.
- Coordinate the scheduling of the worship team (instrumentalists and vocalists).
- Participate in weekly post-service reviews with WestLake Campus Pastor.
- Contribute the best of your own creative ideas to enhance the Sunday morning worship experience.
- Maintain a positive and relational team spirit amongst your volunteer musicians.
- Build and expand the team and its range of talent by recruiting, auditioning, and onboarding new talent.
- Establish and embody a Christ-focused culture of excellence.
- Must have a saving faith in Jesus Christ and be willing to commit to the mission and motivations of LFC – see lakeforest.org/mission.
- Demonstrated effective experience in leading a worship team and volunteers.
Schedule (15-20 hours weekly)
This role has a high-degree of flexibility in terms of when the work is accomplished. Sunday mornings will be a given, but the rest of the schedule will be established with the Worship Leader and the WestLake Teaching Pastor. There is also a possibility
of this role becoming fulltime in the near future with the continued growth at WestLake.
For more information or to apply, please email LFC-WestLake Teaching Pastor Aron Gibson: