About our Church:
First Baptist Church is a growing, vibrant church in Somerset, Kentucky. We are rich in history and heritage, but focus on our future and reaching and ministering to the needs of the people in our community.
We are one church with two worship styles. We seek to share the gospel with all people through local, national, and international outreach and mission opportunities.
If you would like to know more about FBC Somerset, visit our website-
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to high school student ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the high school student ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
-Care for students in our congregation and community
-Encourage students in developing their relationship to God
-Provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-Challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
- Be an advocate for students to the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of students in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced student ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Create and implement a vision, goals, and overall strategy for the high school student ministry.
- Mentor students in developing their leadership skills.
- Be aware of resources for developing the student ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with high school students and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to student ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to high school students and student ministries.
- Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for high school students (grades 9-12) and recruit teacher and leaders for the Sunday School program.
- Work to effectively reach high school youth in the community and develop a strategic high school student ministry outreach plan.
- Keep records of high school student participation and manage the high school student ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, students, and the congregation as a whole.
- Provide resources to parents and connect with them to help nurture the spiritual growth of high school students at home.
- Make yourself available to high school students in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Work with other staff members and maintain a healthy, teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the church’s Child Protection Policy is observed in all student ministry settings.
The responsibilities listed above are not intended to be viewed as a complete job description.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Must embrace Christian discipline and the doctrine and theology of the Southern Baptist Faith & Message.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with a student ministry of 100+ students preferred, but not required.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student ministry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must posses a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
Interested applicants may submit resumes via the Church Staffing website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.