Full Time Worship Pastor Thomas Road Baptist Church (Danville Location– known as Dan River Church). This person would join the team living in Danville.
Church Overview: Thomas Road Baptist Church is located in Lynchburg, Virginia with three campuses and a weekly average of 8500 people. The Danville campus (known as Dan River Church) is five
½ years old with an average of 500 people. The DRC location is opening a new 850-seat worship center in the summer of 2015.
To change our world by developing Christ followers who love God and love people.
The Campus Pastor of Dan River Church
To lead the team, systems, and programs of the worship ministry experiences at Dan River Church.
Responsibilities and Requirement:
1. Develop the Teams.
- Recruit, train and coach the worship team and the creative arts ministry.
- Plan and implement strategies and vision to accomplish the mission of TRBC / DRC.
- Work together with the worship pastors from all campuses in creating the best practices to grow the ministry.
- Be committed to developing yourself as a leader.
- Shepherd those whom you are called to lead.
2. Organize and Oversee Weekly Programs and Systems.
- Work closely with the Campus Pastor on the Sunday worship experience and in communicating the weekend message.
- Lead and train a team of volunteers to perform weekly in the various aspects of the ministry.
- Begin creating worship aspects in Student and Kids Ministries.
- Supervise the planning, details, and execution of on-going events.
- Stay Involved with the programs and systems at the main campus to best oversee the worship ministry.
3. Vision and Strategy.
- Lead the Worship Ministry of DRC to change our world by becoming Christ Followers who love God and love people.
- Pray, dream, and create with the DRC leadership team the best methods to fulfill our mission.
- Be involved in the outreach and serving efforts to our community.
- Uphold and agree with the doctrines and beliefs of TRBC / DRC.
4. Experience / Education / Skills Required.
- Bachelors degree or beyond in a music related field (or equivalent through life experiences).
- Fluent and flexible in a variety of music styles and backgrounds.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in leading worship teams and church congregation.
- Able to structure and lead both vocal teams and instrumental. Some knowledge of audio and lighting systems are preferred.
- Computer skills including worship based software: Pro Presenter, Pro Tools, Ableton, and Logic is preferred.
- Work well with others while taking initiative and able to follow through.
- Communicate clearly from the stage and one-on-one.
- Willing to perform other duties as needed and that fit your strengths.
5. References and Resume.
- Please send at least 3 references along with an updated resume.
- Include a link or information for where we can see you leading.
- Please send all information to: Scott Randlett – 2805 Riverside Dr. Danville, Va. 24540; 434.582.2022; firstname.lastname@example.org