- Lead and assist in Kids Going Bananas (summer camp/before school/after school programs). CDL is required.
- Lead children and their families to be passionate followers of Jesus Christ.
- Invite, train and empower volunteers to provide leadership within the children’s ministry.
- Maintain a monthly volunteer schedule that is sent to volunteers at least three weeks in advance.
- Communicate weekly and meet monthly with Children’s Ministry Leaders in order to build ownership and equip them to lead other volunteers.
- Follow up with people that are interested in volunteering with children’s ministry.
- Lead creative team meetings with the appropriate people in order to implement the curriculum on Sunday mornings.
- Create systems and events to thank and appreciate children’s ministry volunteers.
- Recognize first-time guests by sending a gift to the home of each family.
- Oversee communication between the church, children and families.
- Provide resources for parents and families as needed.
- Stay in touch with other vibrant children’s ministries around the country.
- Adapt and prepare curriculum for children ages 2 through 5th grades.
- Oversee the setup and operation of all related children’s ministry environments on Sunday morning, including check-in, individual children’s environments, security, check out, setup and tear down.
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry budget, and plan select special events as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
- Create a children’s ministry “brand” within Northside City Church/Kids Going Bananas, including a name, theme, décor, graphics, website, etc.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income to the vision of Northside City Church.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Northside City Church/Kids Going Bananas, and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Northside City Church/Kids Going Bananas.
- Needs to be a Catalytic Leader with Business Skills
- Be a mature, committed Christ-follower who maintains personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
- Should always exhibit professionalism in demeanor and relationships.
- Have a conscientious work ethic. Be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances with composure and flexibility.
- Able to work well with all types of personalities
- Exhibit leadership qualities
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
Ideally, we’d like to identify our new staff member so they can join our team as soon as possible. We will continue reviewing candidates until we are able to identify the right person. Interested and qualified individuals should send their resumes to us
via snail mail, or email to:
Leisa Sarley firstname.lastname@example.org
6621 Beatties Ford Rd
Charlotte NC, 28216
Websites: visitncc.org and trykgb.com
Candidates who appear to be a good match for both NCC and for this position from a preliminary review of qualifications and experience will be contacted.