Edenton Street is a community of faith…
inviting all to encounter Jesus.
preparing believers to deepen their dependence on God.
caring for those who are hurting.
sending ordinary people into the world equipped to do extraordinary things.
Edenton Street United Methodist Church is not simply a number of red brick buildings on the corner of Edenton and Dawson Streets in downtown Raleigh, NC! While we have been on this corner for two hundred years we are a vibrant growing community leaning into
the twenty-first century.
Edenton Street is in search of a full-time Youth Director who will focus on the mission of our youth ministry:
“To raise up students to love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength”
The successful candidate will share the preached Word to middle and high school students at youth related programs and events (Sunday night youth group, retreats, Sunday school, etc.), have a “heart” for youth, loving them where they are while encouraging
youth in developing their relationship with Jesus. We are looking for that special person who will provide youth with opportunities for spiritual growth and challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and the world. Our Youth director
will demonstrate evidence of their natural ability to lead a team and develop others in leadership while engaging and connecting with the adult youth leaders.
- Must embrace Christian disciplines and United Methodist doctrine and theology
- Must be a visionary and demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church
- Must have excellent overall communication skills
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people, youth, parents, staff and teams of volunteers
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have a work history in ministry leadership
- Must be able to effectively guide youth and their families through the challenges associated with growing up
- A master’s degree in a field related to theological training or Christian education is preferred
- Prefer 3 -5 years of experience working in youth ministry groups of over 100 youth