The Worship Pastor ignites the glorious worship of Jesus Christ. As lead musician and coordinator for all worship services, the Worship Pastor is a catalyst for life-changing encounter with Jesus and life-sustaining grace from his Spirit. The Worship Pastor,
with guidance from the Senior Pastor, plans and coordinates all the artistic and logistic details of the service. The Worship Pastor must possess creative vision for leading people to God in worship as well as the ability to build teams to accomplish that
Relation to Parkminster’s Overall Vision
Our church exists to “equip all people to come fully alive in Christ’s love”. Worship liberates us to encounter the risen Lord, receive afresh his power, and be renewed in our love and ministry. We are easily ignited to worship and bring a special joy
and hunger to it.
Our Style of Worship
We honor God through the full emotional and aesthetic range of expression contained in scripture. We therefore merge ancient liturgical forms with contemporary art forms in a way that is both seamless and natural. We intend our worship to be fully biblical
in both theological integrity and spiritual power. While we use mostly contemporary music, we also employ traditional hymns.
A detailed description of our Sunday service as well as a statement on the volume of worship music can be found at parkminster.com
- A testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with him.
- Strong vocal leadership from guitar or piano. The ability to accompany on piano is highly desired. This position’s responsibilities include accompanist responsibilities.
- Ability to recruit, teach, and inspire vocal and instrumental ensembles
- Interpersonal grace and ability to shepherd team relationships
- Organizational skills: promptness, detail mastery, preparedness
- Knowledge of both contemporary Christian music as well as classic hymns
- Skilled in the use of technology, sound, lighting, video, and power point in worship.
- Plan Sunday morning and monthly Friday Night worship services with the Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor has final say in all matters of worship planning and the Elders have final say in the overall direction of worship.
- Recruit, train, and pastor the Praise Band to excellence in worship leadership. Provide for their ongoing growth both spiritually and musically.
- Select music for services in conjunction with the Senior Pastor or preacher.
- Coordinate functioning of all teams involved in worship, including the Sound Team, Projectionists, Drama Team, Ushers, Greeters, Worship Assistants, Intercessors, and Chancel Team.
- Seek and encourage new musicians to offer worship in ways appropriate to their gifting
- Schedule offertory music
- Monitor musical instruments owned by the church and recommend repairs as needed
- Provide musical accompaniment for 2-3 children’s dramas yearly
- Form and lead a small choir 2-3 times / year
- Arrange hymns to contemporary instrumentation 2-3 times / month
- Help equip a teen band to lead worship for youth group
- Provide musical accompaniment for weddings and funerals (paid separately).
The Worship Pastor position requires about 15 hours a week, leaving an additional 5
hours weekly for other ministry. These duties will be discerned together as we match Parkminster’s needs with the Worship Pastor’s gifts. Possibilities include preaching, leading small group ministry, organizing evangelistic outreach, and leading family
ministry events, but we are not limited to these ideas.
Expectations as a Member of Staff
1. Maintain an authentic walk with Jesus Christ through daily practice of spiritual
2. Become a member of Parkminster’s spiritual family, meeting and exceeding all
3. maintain moral purity in accordance with Parkminster’s core beliefs
4. Encourage, celebrate, and enjoy fellow ministers on staff
5. study, network, and seek mentors to remain vital in your field of ministry
1. 20 hours/week
2. up to $20,000 / year
3. 2 weeks vacation and 1 week study leave
Resumes are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th, 2015.