Church Administrative Assistant
HOURS: Monday – Friday (Hourly – 35 hours per week) Weekend hours may also be required
depending on church programs and events.
Must be a member in good standing in a Christian church.
Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant or related experience.
Strong computer skills are imperative (MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Google, Google Docs, Gmail, Quicken)
Proficiency in the use of standard office tools (Printer, copy machine, etc.)
Strong organizational skills
Have excellent command of English composition and punctuation
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primary function is to oversee all activities of the main church office as well as providing
supervisory oversight to support staff staff. This person would report directly to the Senior Pastor.
JOB DUITES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NO T LIMITED TO:
- Maintenance and organization of reception area.
- Ordering and maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
- Organization and maintenance of church calendar (and pastor/director/manager
- Pick up, distribution and dissemination of all mail and correspondence.
- Screening and routing all incoming calls.
- Answer mail – correspondence (wring letters), phone calls, etc.
- Check email and respond.
- Coordinate scheduling for weddings, counseling, events and baptisms.
- Keep accurate membership records (new members, baptisms, weddings, deaths, etc.) via church data software.
- Process baby dedication/baptism requests and prepare certificates.
- Prepare Annual Reports.
- Schedule and attend board meetings and record minutes.
- Routine filing of paperwork.
- Prepare new members information packets and coordinate receptions.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for conferences and speaking engagements.
- Set up counseling meetings and other appointments.
- Coordinate employee meetings, lunches, etc.
- Notify all Pastoral Staff of member hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
- Prepare, proof, print, and disburse weekly bulletins.
- Maintain and up-date all standard forms and ministry literature.
- Pay incoming invoices.
- Prepare and maintain an Office Procedures and Reference Manual.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
• Should always exhibit professionalism, conscientious work ethic
• Should be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and
circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
• Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
• Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
• Should have positive attitude with the willingness to seek new information,
training, and resources as needed.
• Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
• Should possess strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently without supervision.