Central Baptist Church
Pastor of Outreach -Go Ministry
Job Description May 2015
The Pastor of Outreach Ministry (POM) serves as a member of the Pastoral Team. His/ Her primary responsibility is to provide leadership to mobilize the church in local and global outreach. The POM oversees local outreach events, short term mission trips,
and the partnerships for local and global ministry. The predominant focus of the POM is equipping and releasing the church to effectively reach their “oikos.”
Competencies and Expectations
- Embrace and embody the vision, core values and distinctives of Central
- Ability to cast a compelling vision for involvement in local and global outreach
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, along with a competence to equip others to effectively share the gospel
- Computer competencies with Word, Excel, Google Formats and all platforms of Central's database
- Ability to teach the theology of mission
- Preach occasionally to inspire the congregation toward personal evangelism (oikos)
- Ensure that our global partners are aligned with relational evangelism and discipleship. This means creating a process of evaluating current and potential partners and dissolving existing partners who do not align with these principals.
- Recruit and equip teams from Central to support global partners in their oikos ministry
- Work with staff leaders to make sure the oikos principal permeates every area of ministry at Central. This includes working with staff leaders in their attempts to do outreach.
- Manage existing and create new opportunities for Central's congregation to be involved in compassion ministry in the community
- Mentor potential missionaries from Central to help them take appropriate steps to get onto the field.
- Be the primary communicator to the congregation as to how Central is effectively fulfilling the great commission
- Other duties as assigned
- Attendance at Pastoral Team meetings (weekly)
- Attendance at all-staff meetings (monthly)
- Attendance at and participation in daily staff prayer
- Attendance at all Good Friday, Easter, and December services
- Attendance at all corporate baptism events
- Attendance at all Next Step parties
The POM is accountable to the Executive Pastor of Ministry.
The POM is evaluated annually by the Executive Pastor of Ministry with input from the Lead Pastor.
Intrested appliacants must send a cover letter and resume to Brian Mulder at
To learn more about our ministry visit www.centralsf.org