Job Title: Associate Pastor, Teaching & Staff Development
Overview: The Associate Pastor of Teaching & Staff Development will assist the Lead Pastor with Sunday morning and other preaching/teaching responsibilities, will have responsibilities to fully develop church staff in order to maximize Kingdom effectiveness and will perform various other pastoral duties. This job is full-time, requiring approximately 50 hours per week. Salary is commensurate to responsibilities with consideration given to applicant’s education, experience and previous effectiveness. Vacation, PTO, sabbatical and health benefits are also available. The position is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
Qualifications: Applicant must be a courageous Christ-follower who:
(1) maintains a consistent devotional life of prayer and Bible study;
(2) has a history of practicing other commonly held spiritual disciplines, including tithing to a local church;
(3) demonstrates observable Christian behavior with family, friends and community;
(4) influences others to become courageous followers of Christ; and
(5) accepts the Church on the Hill statement of faith (http://www.hillchurch.com/believe/).
Applicant must have a definite spiritual calling to pastor and should:
(1) have received a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, or have completed other comparable formal education;
(2) have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a church of 800 or more;
(3) be open to, pursuing, or have received ordination in an evangelical church;
(4) be exposed to Wesleyan theology, but not dogmatic in any theological vein.
Applicant should demonstrate a substantial collection of the following gifts, characteristics and abilities: communication, public speaking, leadership, management, duplication, delegation, self-motivation, initiative, organization, enthusiasm, creativity, relationship building, team-mindedness, professionalism, maturity.
Applicant should understand and accept these leadership and teaching practices/principles:
(1) The Word of God is a sufficient source of all truth and a guide for daily living.
(2) Relevant communication of God’s Word requires techniques and strategies that address the history, needs, preferences and learning styles of various adults.
(3) To be effective long-term, paid and volunteer staff must be appreciated & encouraged as much as they are equipped & held accountable.
(4) Loyalty to the Lead Pastor and other associate leaders is essential for effective ministry at Church on the Hill.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
1. Stay connected to the church body by attending and participating in weekly worship services and through other provided connection points at Church on the Hill (small groups, classes, all-church events, service opportunities, etc.).
2. Attend various meetings as determined by Lead Pastor (e.g. service planning meetings, staff meetings, etc.)
3. Comply with personnel policy.
4. Provide a brief monthly written report to the Lead Pastor and Church Board.
5. Maintain awareness of trends, tools and techniques related to preaching, leadership and staff development.
6. Work with Lead Pastor to:
• plan staff meetings and events (e.g. regular meetings, staff fun days, staff family potlucks, staff/board Christmas party, staff appreciation day, team building, etc.)
• establish and present goals and objectives for staff in various departments
• perform regular evaluations of goals and objectives for staff in various departments
• determine and develop teaching series
• plan special services (e.g. Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.)
7. Preach approximately 18 times per year in Sunday services.
8. Provide appropriate recognition of significant dates and circumstances in the lives of staff in order to maximize organizational health. (e.g. birthdays, wedding anniversaries, hire dates, achievements, extreme illnesses, etc.)
9. Supervise and support assigned leaders and areas of ministry. Currently assigned leaders are:
• Children’s Pastor
• Youth Pastor
• Discovery Zone Child Development Center Director
10. Carry out other responsibilities assigned by the Lead Pastor.
TO APPLY: Please send a letter of introduction and a resume in PDF, as well as a link to a video recording of your teaching or preaching (or audio recording, if video is not currently available) to Jerry Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Church on the Hill
Church on the Hill, in McMinnville, Oregon, has an evidenced concern for children's, youth, compassionate and recovery ministries. As such, the make-up of our 1,200 Sunday morning attendees shows a variety of persons from all walks of life. We are a church representative of the community around us, experiencing both the opportunities and the challenges offered by such a varied community.
We are called to develop courageous followers of Christ. Our efforts to do so include a strong commitment to small group ministry and More...