Heritage Church (www.HeritageChurch.com) is a healthy, thriving and growing church of 500+ in the city of Lincoln, California--approximately 40 minutes from downtown Sacramento.
Aside from our adult services, our children's ministry is currently the largest ministry of our church, with an average attendance of approximately 110 (Birth to 5th grade) kids per weekend.
Our current children's director is transitioning into an associate role within our staff in order to oversee the growth and operation of various ministries. So, we are looking for the next energetic and committed leader who will help take our children's ministry to an even higher level of creativity, health and effectiveness in serving families already within our church and, just as importantly, to families within our community.
Here is a general description of the position, responsibilities and applicant requirements:
HOURS: 40 hours per week.
SCALE: 110+/- children; 60+/- volunteers
WAGE: Competitive; contigent on experience, education and credentials.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To help our children reach their Christ-purposed highest and best in their everyday lives. And to make Sundays at KidGrow the best day of their week.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Responsible for implementing the vision, practical direction and hands-on leadership of Children’s ministry
2. Relationally connect, enthusiastically recruit, effectively train, practically support, spiritually encourage and strategially involve existing and new Children’s Ministry volunteers
3. By example of personal behavior, lead an intentionally healthy culture amongst leaders, volunteers, parents and children
4. Provide innovative, creative, strategic, energetic, encouraging and dynamic children’s interactive learning/growth environments
5. Maintain highest level of measurable and intentional systems of safety and accountability for children’s ministry environments and participants
6. Develop and maintain regular and productive modes of communication with parents.
7. Work in genuine unity with the lead pastor, staff and church council, for the furthering of the vision and purposes of Heritage Church
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- History of excellence and measurable effectiveness in growing and leading a thriving children's ministry
- Goal, Detail and Organizationally oriented
- Able to overcome obstacles in order to make children's ministry operate effectively under less-than-ideal circumstances
- Positive, energetic, encouraging disposition & relationally-driven
- Enthusiastic learner of new culture, systems, strategies and ministry philosophies
- If married, spouse is actively supportive of ministry
Though not required, our ideal applicant meets these minimum preferences:
-Minimum of 3 years in full-time pastor/director level leadeship in children's ministries
-Served on church staff of church with 300+ attendance
-Bachelor's degree in related field (extensive experience in field may be considered as alternative to degree)
-Credentials from a ministerial licensing body (denomination or similarly recognized organization)
-Able to bend, kneel, ascend/descend stairs, lift and meet other physical requirements of highly interactive and energetic activities with children.
-Strong administrative skills
-Proficient in computer literacy, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office programs
RESPONSIBLE TO/DIRECT REPORT:
Director of Ministry Development
ATTENTION: Resumes including video samples of applicant teaching, leading or otherwise participating in children's ministry are preferred.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS/RESUMES TO: Lisa@HeritageChurch.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
SEEK. DISCOVER. GROW.
“Church” is formally defined as “a building for public Christian worship.” That’s not a very inspiring or inviting definition, is it?
At Heritage, we hope to help people see church a bit differently than that. We strive to be a loving, welcoming and thriving community of everyday, normal people—different ages, personalities, backgrounds, colors, and life-experiences—drawn together, connected and elevated by our desire to have a meani More...