We believe that our church exists to reach those far from God and guide them into becoming fully devoted followers of Christ. Youth ministry is one of the primary ways that we faithfully follow this mission.
We are seeking a minister who is passionate about building a youth group and creating a culture of discipleship in an environment where passion and excellence are valued.
Job Title: Youth Minister (Full Time)
Education: Preference is given to a graduate of recognized college or university.
Experience: Extensive experience is not required, however, the candidate must show sufficient expertise and interest in the spiritual development of young people.
Skills and Abilities: Highly relational with an ability to love, develop, train, and work with young people.
- Lead Epic Ministry. Lead a team of small group leaders, student leaders, youth band, and put on a service with games, worship, teaching, and small groups every Sunday from 5-7pm.
- Lead Sunday morning youth programs/classes: Is responsible for the Sunday Morning teaching aspect of Effort’s mission for youth. This would include enlisting and training volunteers for the ministry program and a strategy that would reach
and teach young people.
- Direct Weekly Studies: Is responsible for leading and/or making sure that someone qualified is providing a quality study or group.
- Events and Local Missions: Is responsible for planning concerts or outreach events throughout the year and would also provide local mission opportunities for students to get involved in.
- Summer mission trips: The Youth Pastor would help the Missions Committee plan and lead the different summer mission trips for the youth.
- Build relationships with the youth: Focus on outreach; reaching the youth where they are, lunches at school, sports, etc.