The role of the HPCC Executive Pastor is to assist the Elders and Teaching Pastor in ensuring that the strategic ministry objectives of the church are effectively and efficiently attained. The Executive Pastor reports to and serves on the Elder Team. The Executive Pastor will ensure that the systems, practices, activities and policies of the church responsibly and effectively carry out those objectives geared toward the mission of HPCC. The Executive Pastor will also be responsible to carry out any pastoral duties as prescribed by the Elder Team and Teaching Pastor.
The Executive Pastor will:
- Support HPCC’s strategic planning and staff coordination, in conjunction with the Teaching Pastor and Elder Team.
- Assist the staff in developing new ministry programs, as directed by the Holy Spirit, so that we are appropriately responsive to current and future church growth needs.
- Work closely with the Directional/Teaching Elder to provide significant input in vision casting and goal setting.
- Spearhead the children’s ministry efforts and work alongside the children’s ministry coordinators to train and disciple our children to know and love the gospel of Jesus.
- Monitor the pulse of the congregation through research and evaluation, both inside and outside of the HPCC faith family.
- Ensure staffing, facilities, and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet our strategic goals.
- Oversee training and development for the pastoral staff.
- Oversee the development of all community outreach activity.
- Conduct direct face-to-face status updates with each ministerial staff member
- Serve as a paid elder on the Elder team and attend weekly elder meetings.
- Provide oversight to the administration of the financial functions of the church, including: cash flow, annual budget preparation, contributions, insurance, banking and financing, payroll, leases, budget planning and oversight in conjunction with the Elder Team.
- Assist in effective staffing and functioning of all other administrative and building support functions.
- Oversee development of, documentation of, and adherence to church policies and procedures.
- Other pastoral or administrative duties as assigned by the Teaching Pastor or Elder Team (pulpit supply, counseling needs, etc.)
- A heart for God that is evidenced by proven character and meets the qualifications for elder as listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1:5-7.
- A strong marriage and family life that is visible to others.
- A shepherd’s temperament; servant-leader/mentor attitude and inclination.
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately, both orally and in writing.
- Strong biblical foundation for wise management in a church setting.
- Strong administrative skills to carry out the business requirements of HPCC.
- Personal initiative and diligence which produce follow-through in ideas and tasks.
- Solid biblical/theological convictions which are aligned with the HPCC system of
- A willingness to grow and adapt to the inevitable changes found in a growing local
- A Masters degree in from an accredited theological seminary is required. Any
educational background in business is preferred.
- Ability to supervise pastoral staff and understand, motivate, and support ministry
About Our Church
Harvest Pointe Community Church was established in 2001 and has ties to the Southern Baptist Convention. We are an elder-led and theologically reformed church that is contemporary in musicality, holds a high view for the inerrancy and authority of the Bible, whose discipleship process is modeled around the community group format, and has a mission statement that reads “Love God. Love People.” We currently have an average attendance of 200-250 on a given Sunday morning between 2 worship services, and maintain 12-15 community groups that meet in homes throughout the week. The demographic of the church lends itself to young families (median age of 40) and has growing children and student ministries. The church has grown over the past 18 months from an average of 130 to 240 on Sunday morning and is primed for continued growth. We currently meet in a local elementary school but have aspirations to purchase property or build on 17 acres of land that we currently own outside of town.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a letter of intent and your resume to email@example.com. You can visit our website to gain more detailed information about our church by visiting www.hpcc.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Executive Director of OperationsVictory Church
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- January 10
Faith Church - Executive Pastor of MinistriesVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sunset Hills, Missouri
- January 6
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Allison Park , Pennsylvania
- January 3
Executive Director, ChristChurch PresbyterianChrist Church Presbyterian
- Atlanta, Georgia
- January 3