Bannockburn is seeking an experienced Facilities Director who will lead the facility operations of the church across all three campuses.
- A Christian who exhibits a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by a life of obedience and example
- An active member of Bannockburn and attend services regularly
- Comfortable working with pastors, staff, church members and others on our campuses
- Highly-organized and exhibit healthy communication, discretion, honesty and a positive attitude
- Advanced knowledge & experience in building maintenance, mechanical systems and custodial care
- Knowledge of products used in the care and maintenance of the campuses
- An exceptional eye for detail and strive to be detailed in your work
- Proven experience in managing people and building relationships (especially volunteers)
- The ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- A high degree of comfort using technology (including computers, Web browsing, email, spreadsheets, etc)
- A valid Texas driver’s license
- Lead a team of people who are directly responsible for both the maintenance and care of all church facilities as well as the day-to-day operational support of activities on the campuses
- Oversee all preventative maintenance on equipment and buildings
- Evaluate equipment and maintenance needs regularly and make necessary recommendations and/or repairs
- Oversee the grounds and landscaping to ensure proper maintenance
- Meet regularly with and strategize with our elected Facilities Ministry Team
- Ensure all buildings are opened & closed in a secure manner anytime the campuses are in use
- Serve as the staff representative for any building or construction projects
- Coordinate the development, training and execution of the church’s Emergency Operation Plan
- Develop a regular training schedule for custodial and maintenance team members
- Develop and maintain a Facilities annual budget
- Previous facility management required
- Previous management experience preferred
- Proven experience in recruiting volunteers
- Able to sufficiently lift cases and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs
- Able to stand for extended periods, climb stairs, bend and stretch
- Flexible schedule due to busy seasons of church life
This is a permanent, full-time, exempt position. Full benefits offered.
Austin, Texas is home to over 1,800,000 residents in the MSA and a diverse culture. Austin is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. and often is ranked within the top 10 on many national lists. It is described as one of the youngest, best educated, creative, and technology-savvy cities. In 2004, Austin received the international honor of being selected the American Capital of Culture for its top notch museums, fine arts, popular culture, sports teams, and “unique happenings.” Since then, Austin has been living up to its motto "Keeping Austin Weird," abounding in coffee shops, eccentric stores, restaurants, food trucks, and festivals. Known as the “Live Music Capital of the World," Austin is known for its commitment to health and fitness. The city’s push toward healthy living also provides an environment for top health care systems. Austin boasts a warm climate, lakes, and swimming holes, as well as lush nature trails, parks, and wilderness preserves.
Bannockburn is one church that meets in multiple locations and our mission is to guide generations to become passionate followers of Jesus Christ, one home at a time. Learn more about us at bbcfamily.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.