Shearer Hills is seeking a Children's Minister with proven experience leading a vibrant children's ministry in a local church. The idea candidate will cast a vision and development a structure and strategy to achieve these goals for all aspects of our children’s
ministry from birth to fifth grade which will include equipping and developing volunteers and parents to reach and disciple children to be followers of Christ who will walk with God, serve others, and embrace their personal mission in life.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
• Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision and values of Shearer Hills
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To provide leadership to the Children’s Ministries (CM) team
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Ministerial Staff and volunteer teams
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for CM.
- Responsible for all staffing of CM. Sets direction and trains CM staff and volunteers.
- Develops processes necessary for effective CM operations. Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM (e.g.: check-in).
- Responsible for CM budget and financial oversight.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed. Manage communications between ministries that interact with CM.
- Oversee and implement all programming for CM [Nursery-5th]).
- Coordinate and implement all events and camps for CM.