The Church Administrator will demonstrate collaborative, consultative leadership, and problem-solving with church staff and committees; research/implement process improvements, process efficiencies to increase the effectiveness of the current Finance Department and its functions, and interface with laity to encourage year-round stewardship. The primary responsibility of the Church Administrator (CA) is to create an overall environment in which staff and volunteers are empowered to work together to fulfill the mission of the church. The CA is the organizational thread that runs through day-to-day church business, Sunday morning ministry, and special events. The CA creates an environment that assists leaders in meeting needs and helps to identify areas for improvement for the greater stability of the church as a whole.
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- MBA and/or CPA preferred. Minimum of four years with college degree in finance or accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible accounting and financial experiences working in a corporate or non-profit environment.
- A strong composition of many of the following spiritual gifts: administration, discernment, wisdom, leadership, teamwork, and service.
- Demonstrated competence with financial accounting, control, and reporting methods and standards within a non-profit or corporate environment.
- Broad understanding of financial models and the ability to fluently discuss the impact on decisions, with a full understanding of financial institution profitability systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of improving systems and maximizing overall financial performance of the church.
- Strong business acumen in planning, finance, budgeting, management, and system automation
- Willingness to learn new technology and skills to maintain efficiency and relevance in the areas of finance, accounting, and reporting and communication systems.
- Proven success with applying automation, process improvements, and/or outsourcing of existing processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of a Finance Department staff.
- Adept at building strategic working relationships with staff and key lay committee volunteers.
- Strong communication and coaching skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-generational, diverse setting using advanced listening and facilitation skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to attend evening and weekend meetings and events as necessary.
Purpose of the Role:
- To keep the business of the church in line with our values and integrity
- To assure effective and efficient execution of all administrative functions
- To support the church community through effective and efficient resource allocation
- To assure effective, proactive and efficient communication within the staff and church
- To facilitate and strengthen stewardship and giving across the church community
- To strategize fundraising efforts and special events to maintain church financial vitality.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with elder board to establish and document approved standardized processes to account for funds and assets
- Process all income
- Budget creation, tracking, reporting & forecasting
- Process expenses – pay bills, calculate and process payroll
- Routinely communicate with Treasurer and/or Elders regarding financial status
- Managing health insurance
- Managing flexible spending account
- Tracking PTO benefits for staff
- Work with the Elders to facilitate staff review
- Taxes / Legal
- Responsible for filing State and Federal taxes as needed
- Maintain up to date records with State and Federal offices
- Manage Workers Comp, Liability and Property Insurance – make updates as needed
- Maintain corporate minutes and other legal requirements
- Fiscal accountability with elder board and staff via transparency and value of financial integrity.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A full range of benefits would be disclosed during the interview process. Please include cover letter with resume.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Crossroads Church of Denver
Crossroads Church of Denver is non-denominational community in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. Founded by pastor Tom Stipe in the 1970's in the basement of his home, the church has grown to become on of the most influential in the mile high city. Crossroads Church of Denver is conservative in theology, evangelical in outreach and committed to the preeminence of Jesus Christ. Therefore, we give primary emphasis to preaching, teaching and studying the counsel of God’s Word and to exalting Jesus Christ through prayer More...