Youth Pastor Job Description
Title: Youth Pastor
Reports to: Elder / administration
Collaborates with: All Elders
Oversees: Youth Ministries
Created: April, 2015
The Youth Pastor will function in this role within the philosophy of ministry of Jesus Christ and His Wilson church. This philosophy includes but is not limited to the following:
- We trust in him to be responsive to God’s call and acknowledge Jesus as the true “Senior Pastor” of this church.
- We present the Bible as the only authoritative disclosure of Jesus’ direction for life and ministry.
- We minister within the church and to the world through collaborative team structures.
- We work together in unity as a team to give equal time, resources, effort, and emphasis to evangelism and to growing of the body of Christ unto maturity.
- We choose to make healthy relationships a recognized characteristic of our church and the primary context for ministry to one another and the world.
Gifts & Abilities
We desire to have an individual who is…………………….
- Passionate about loving God openly and communicating that Love to promote
growth and spiritual maturity in the youth.
- Excited about mentoring middle and high school students.
- Ability to love students and adults unconditionally and authentically.
- Creativity, wisdom and understanding in the teaching process
- Mature knowledge of the Word of God and the application of it.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities
- Provide and develop programs for Junior High & Senior High students
- Develop and organize outreach events to reach teens while serving in the community
- Plan exciting and relevant events, activities, and trips to build relationships and value in serving
- Provide and actively participate in High School and Middle School Ministry and related small groups/studies
- Work with Teaching/Outreach Pastor to involve youth in special events
- Working in conjunction with the financial team on all Youth budget financial activities
Required Skill Set
- Passionate- Passion to serve honor and submit to God with their life and a desire to minister to believing and seeking teens, developing Christ centered relationships
- Relational-must possess a high relational intelligence recognizing the importance of people over “the program”
- Self-Starter- motivation to initiate and to help motivate the completion of projects without prompting
- Leadership- Must possess strong Godly leadership characteristics and use skills to train, equip, and inspire, committed teams and individuals to serve in ministry.
- Speaking - a bold and wise communicator, able to teach God’s Word courageously in a relevant and compelling manner for teens.
- Building relationships- ministering to teens, and their families planting the seed to further their spiritual growth and maturity
- Recruiting , training and inspiring- discipleship in others, developing passionate servants able to become leaders for the specific ministries within the youth department
- Have solid experience educating, and leading students with a shepherding heart.
- Have Experience In screening, recruiting, training volunteers, and leading teams.
- Have solid experience providing resources, education, and training so our volunteers and teachers succeed with excellence.
- Love God and people and have a history of demonstrating this consistently.
- The ideal candidate will be characterized by humility while possessing a clear calling, passion and gifting to work with students.
- Born again follower of Jesus Christ, with personal integrity and an abiding walk of intimacy with God. You must be able to lead others where you have personally gone, now are, and are going.
- Have Godly qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, because these qualifications demonstrate spiritual maturity. You must be in agreement with our Vision, Mission, Values, and Doctrinal Statement and be excited about our developing church
culture, You must have an obvious love for your spouse and children (if applicable), and a, passion, with experience leading students in ministry and developing teams that share the same.
- Prioritizing your own health and well being in presentation. You should be in shape physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, so that you can run the race for Christ with the biblical mentality of a mark of a High calling even given the context
of a small community.
- Fulfill your calling with a Spirit of excellence as found in Daniel 6:3 and 2 Peter 1:3-4
- Possess genuine Godly love of people and do things decently and in order. It is vital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and programs designed to spiritually equip students.
- Genuine humility, as demonstrated by a teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others, preventing and resolving conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- An individual that possesses musical abilities that could participate in worship and or possibly lead given informal situations would be an added asset to our team.
Your Next Steps
- Please Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. Please involve your spouse (if applicable) in the process.
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable).
- Submit a PDF version of your resume, with a cover letter specifically outlining your interest and reasons for applying for this particular position.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3) ministry references who have at least eighteen (18) months first-hand knowledge of your experience as a youth/student.
- Upon further interest, you will be sent a preliminary questionnaire and be asked to complete a spiritual gifts and personality profile, to help determine your potential fit with us.