1. B.A. or M.A. Degree in Music or related experience
5. Heart for Community
1. Worship Leadership.
a. Lead worship as necessary.
b. Work with Lead Pastor in implementing the vision for the worship culture at STP.
c. Lead and coach the choir, band and praise and worship teams in establishing worship values for
d. Plan, direct, and perform the music for all Saturday, Sunday, special services, Baptism and
Communion service, and funerals in consultation with the Lead Pastor, and other worship leaders.
e. Plan monthly calendars for choir and praise & worship music. Selecting music honoring our 60%
contemporary and 40% traditional blend of music for regular services.
f. Work with Media and Audio Technicians to provide balanced house and band sound and sound
mix for all worship experiences.
g. Attend worship team meetings.
h. Recruit, train, and utilize gifted soloists, musicians, and music directors.
2. Oversee all choirs and Praise and Worship Musical Units.
a. Select choir and praise and worship music to meet our thematic worship goals.
b. Rehearse praise and worship team and choir weekly.
c. Establish annual goals for the choir and praise and worship musical units and establish guidelines to
d. Recruit and coach praise and worship team leaders and members to effectively lead worship.
e. Annually review performance of praise team members.
3. Oversee Band.
a. Prepare music for musicians.
b. Rehearse band team weekly.
c. Recruit, equip, and coach band members to effectively be a part of the worship experience.
d. Coordinate the maintenance and repair of musical equipment.
4. Provide Leadership Development and Discipleship.
a. Establish annual goals for the music ministry.
b. Meet regularly with praise team and band to set goals and encourage spiritual growth.
c. Provide spiritual leadership through relational ministry to praise team, choirs, and band team
members through team devotions, mentoring, fellowship activities, and encouraging members to
participate in ministry events
d. Involve members in church life beyond the activities of the choir, praise, and band teams.
5. Plan select music, and schedule performances of drama, dance, and other artistic ministries during
regular and special worship services.
6. Attend conference and seminars to enhance knowledge and skills at leading music ministries.
7. Minister to paid and non-paid staff under your leadership in times of bereavement, loss, and
8. Live according to the moral qualifications of overseers in 1 Timothy 3:1-8.
9. Support the Lead Pastor, his vision, direction, and requests.