Ministry Title: Connections Pastor
Morning Star Friends Church’s Mission: To make disciples who make disciples. A disciple is a follower of Jesus Christ who is seeking to become Christ-like by increasing in their love for God
and others through worship, cell groups, service, and witness.
Ministry Description: The Connections Pastor at Morning Star is to be a networking leader whose responsibilities include encouraging, training and managing the people of Morning Star for the
purpose of integrating visitors into the church and overseeing the development of the cell group ministry. There will be a strong emphasis for the candidate to equip others to do the ministry rather than simply doing it themselves.
There are three primary categories of responsibility:
First, the pastor will develop, implement and maintain a strategic integration process that moves people from casual church attendance to active participation in our discipleship practice.
- Welcome first time guests:
- Help them get acquainted with Morning Star
- Discern where they are in their spiritual quest
- Connect and track people from their first visit all the way through to serving in ministry
- Recruit, train and encourage greeters, ushers, and coffee shop volunteers
- Develop the metrics to measure how well new attendees eventually are being integrated into Morning Star.
- Develop the ministries and events that will assist our guests in the next step of their spiritual growth.
Second, the pastor will oversee the development of a vision and strategy for the cell group ministry.
- Develop the strategies to multiply the ministry
- Recruit and provide training to future cell group leaders
- Provide ongoing training and support for the current cell group leadership
- Monitor the health and growth of the cell group ministry
- Oversee evaluation and approval of study material
- Outline the process to achieve at least 80% participation by church attenders in cell group ministry and develop the metrics to measure success
Third, general pastoral responsibilities
- Perform regular pastoral duties including: baptisms, communion, weddings, funerals, visitations, teaching, administration, pastoral care and conducting regular worship services as needed
- Participate in the various ministries and functions of the church (retreats, mission trips, etc.) as appropriate
- Attend staff meetings, organizational meetings and retreats; participate in additional meetings as requested
- Cooperate with the Senior Pastor in other duties as requested
- Lead and manage special church-wide project and initiatives as assigned
- Evening and weekend hours are expected
Team Player: The Connections Pastor will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and in harmony with other staff members, elders and ministry team leaders in fulfilling the church’s
- Passionate about discipleship
- Agreement with the Friends Doctrine as outlined in the Faith and Practice and the intent to pursue in a timely manner membership at Morning Star Friends Church
- Spiritual gifts
- Recruit, organize, motivate and retain volunteers and leaders
- Lead meetings
- Work as a team player.
- Communicate effectively using a variety of media including: face to face, small group and electronic media.
- Theological training with the ability to articulate it clearly
- Seminary degree is a plus but not necessary
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in a church or para-church setting
If you desire to explore this opportunity further, or if you are prepared to apply for this ministry position, please email your resume, references and cover letter to Ken Renfro, Elder of Stewardship at firstname.lastname@example.org
Morning Star Friends Church
12550 Ravenna Rd
Chardon, Ohio 44024