Faith E.F.C. is located in Prairie du Chien, WI. (Prairie du Chien is French for “Meadow of the Dog”.) So, if you willing to move to a community that is named after a dog, we are off to a good start. Faith E.F.C. is made up of Christ-followers as well as seekers. We are passionate about reaching people for Christ and seeing them grow in their relationship with Him. Prairie du Chien (Population apx. 6000) is located right on the Mississippi River and is the county seat of Crawford Co. Faith E.F.C. draws from a 40-mile radius making up around 50,000 people. As you can see, the potential for making an impact for the Kingdom of God is significant.
The Student/Worship Pastor will partner with parents in developing fully devoted followers of Christ by intentionally ministering to and building students who know Christ and passionately pursuing those without Christ. The Student/Worship Pastor will also organize celebrative, meaningful worship services and oversee the church’s music ministries in addition to ministering to those involved in the worship ministry.
Ministry Description (Overview)
- Character is everything - Ministry should flow from a personal walk with God.
- The Pastor’s primary focus is to keep his relationship with Jesus Christ as fresh and healthy as possible. This would include a regular time of Bible study, meditation, and prayer.
- The Student/Worship Pastor must be convinced of God’s call to full-time Christian service, be a man of God who meets the qualifications of I Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:1-9, and I Peter 5:1-3 and be one who leads by example.
- The Pastor must teach and preach the Word of God very carefully and accurately (II Timothy 2:15; James 3:1) and guard against false doctrine.
- The Student/Worship Pastor must see his family as one of the highest priorities and be careful to keep things in balance.
II. Credentials (Qualifications and experience)
- It is recommended that the Student/Worship Pastor have completed a formal training course, received a theological diploma or degree in a Bible college, institute, and/or seminary recognized and approved by this church, or be currently working towards a theological degree.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Youth ministries would be preferred.
- Must have experience working with students and worship in a church or para-church setting. (volunteered or paid).
- Must play a musical instrument (Keyboard, Piano or Guitar) and must be able to lead worship.
- Must be willing to work with an Elder led and congregational form of government.
III. Chemistry (Affinity with leaders and the direction of Faith EFC)
- The Student/Worship Pastor must be willing to abide by the Constitution and By-Laws of Faith Evangelical Free Church along with being in full agreement with the current doctrinal and positional statements.
- The Student/Worship Pastor must be able to work well on a team.
IV. Competence (Ministry Responsibilities)
Note: The following percentages are our priorities but may change or fluctuate during the year depending on the needs of the church during the various seasons.
A. Administration/Preaching (15% of the time)
- Periodically preach (perhaps once a quarter)
- Assist with communion, weddings and funerals (as needed).
- Assist with administrative duties (staff meetings, budget oversight, and other administrative tasks, etc.)
- Maintain consistent office hours (To be worked out with Lead Pastor and Elders)
B. Worship Ministry (35% of the time)
- The Student/Worship Pastor will organize and lead the church praise team
- Plan celebrative and meaningful worship services in conjunction with the Lead Pastor.
- Oversee the entire music ministry of the church.
- Oversee the technical side of the worship service (sound equipment and projection).
C. Student Ministries (50% of the time)
- Oversee the entire student ministry program (5th-12th grade).
- Coordinate and work closely with the Children’s Ministry Captain to be sure the Children’s Ministry and Student Ministry dovetail with each other.
- Provide consistent, mature Bible instruction and application.
- Coordinate and lead a weekly large group meeting for senior high
- Oversee the middle school program.
- Organize and coordinate events occurring apart from the church (district and/or national conferences, short-term mission trips, service projects, etc.)
- Meet one-on-one with students and parents as needed to provide basic counseling and support.
- Provide regular outreach activities.
- Recruit, train, and equip lay leaders to assist in all areas of youth ministry.
(A more detailed ministry description is available on our web-site – www.faithchurchpdc.org)
If you sense God leading you to pursue this position, feel free to contact Pastor Mike Jacobson at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter, resume’, a family photo, and if possible a video, a soundtrack or YouTube link of you leading worship and teaching. Before you apply, please go to our website and refer to the "Job Opening" tab on our front page. Once on the Job Opening page you will find three links: 1. Is a expanded version of our ministry description; 2. Is our constitution and by-laws; and 3. Is our churches Positional statements. If you are not in full agreement with these documents it would be better if you did not apply. Wishing you all God's best.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7