First United Methodist Church of Ocala, FL is seeking a part-time organist/accompanist for a position opening September 1, 2015.
FUMC Ocala is a large, historic church with a beautiful, recently restored 4 manual, 93 rank Wicks pipe organ. Our music program includes traditional vocal choirs, handbell choirs, instrumental ensembles, as well as contemporary worship bands.
Details can be found on the attached job description. The position is 10 hours/week and salary is commensurate with experience. Please direct all resumes and questions to:
Rev. Emily Knight
1126 E Silver Springs Blvd
Ocala, FL 34470
Job Description: Accompanist/Organist
Works with/Reports to the music director in order to usher and lead the congregation in a spirit of worship that draws people to discipleship in Jesus Christ.
- Provide appropriate organ/piano music for the traditional Sunday services, generally including but not limited to:
Gathering Music, Prelude, Hymns (selected by the Pastors or through collaboration),
Choral Anthems/Special Music/Guest Musician(s), Offertory, Communion, Postlude
- Rehearse each week with the Chancel Choir and occasionally with other ensembles or soloists.
- Establish a personal weekly rehearsal time at the organ and inform our main office of your schedule so we can regulate the temperature of the Sanctuary. These established practice times will be protected.
- Meet as needed with the Director of Music for planning and preparation for worship services and other events.
- Submit the titles and composers of music literature to the church office by 10:00am each Thursday for inclusion in the Sunday bulletin.
- Additional services and events that are part of base pay may include choir concerts, recitals, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunrise service, two Christmas Eve services, etc. These additional rehearsals, services/events are scheduled with the concurrence of the Director of Music.
- Provide for qualified substitutes for all absences.
- Provide accompaniment for funerals, memorial services, and weddings
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Love and respect for all people.
- Attested musical skills on the organ and piano.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church's vision, mission, leadership, and people.
- Minimum five years experience in church related setting.
- Degree in organ or piano performance preferred.
Additional services or events which are not part of the position’s base salary for which you will be appropriately compensated.
- The church shall provide monies for proper care of the organ and pianos located in the church, including quarterly organ and piano tunings and any necessary repairs.
- The Organist/Pianist/Accompanist shall report to the Director of Music concerning the condition and maintenance needs of the organ and pianos, including tunings, repairs, etc.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
First United Methodist Church
This Church is committed to helping people be open to the power of the Holy Spirit so that they Entrance to the Family Life Center at FUMC in Ocala, Florida.can become one with Christ, one with each other, and one in ministry to all the world. Our mission is to make holy, devout, and active disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of our community and of the world. More...