The Associate Campus Pastor for Pastoral Care will primarily focus on managing a pastoral counseling caseload for 5500 ethnically and denominationally diverse undergraduate students. This role will also provide leadership, occasional preaching and potential
oversight of an evening chapel.
The Associate Campus Pastor for Pastoral Care will provide leadership with a primary focus of coordinating pastoral care for undergraduate students. The role of this Associate Campus Pastor is to work in partnership with the Lead Campus Pastor, the Executive
Pastor, and the undergraduate Pastoral Team in implementing, and maintaining structures and systems that foster pastoral care and spiritual formation. This role will also provide leadership, occasional preaching and potential oversight of an evening chapel.
This role will collaborate regularly with Student Life staff, faculty, and administration around pastoral care and will require a firm grasp on the purpose, values, and strategy of APU in order to complement and support the vision and mission.
- Master’s degree or Doctorate (or commitment to obtain) in Theology, Biblical Studies, Christian Education, Youth Ministries, Pastoral Care and Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or equivalent.
- Licensed and/or ordained in the ministry.
- Licensed (or in process) Professional Counselor or equivalent.
- Six – nine years as a counselor in campus ministries or church ministry. Possesses experience in organizational leadership at a larger institution or church where strategic thinking was used and implemented to care for a large group of people. This person
should be a committed Christ follower who is aware of and embraces the Wesleyan tradition and embraces a call to holy living.
- Experience in speaking and teaching in a variety of settings both large and small (must provide with application a video or website of a sermon)
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
For Staff jobs please apply directly at: https://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com/
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran
in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.