The Campus Pastor is responsible for the implementation of 217church’s mission and vision in a community where a 217 campus is located.
Reporting to the Director of Ministry, this position is responsible for:
* Prayer and care - Pastoral care within a campus community
* Community – outreach and reach-out within the local community where the campus is located
* Teams – executing on 217’s vision for the Sunday worship experience
* Groups – development and oversight of the small groups with the local community
* Campus leaders
* Oversee weekend services – the Campus Pastor is the pastor who people connect with the local church – with a prominent, public role in most weekend services.
* Develop and care for the campus leaders.
* Maintain the level of quality in everything done on the weekends including the initial impression, worship experience, children's ministry and facility/technology areas.
* Oversee building high touch teams for parking, greeting, and welcome center to maintain a warm, non-threatening atmosphere.
* Develop and implement opportunities for connection at every weekend service.
* Develop, lead and encourage co-workers (volunteer staff).
* Provide leadership for the discipleship events such as baptisms and leadership development.
* Oversee the campus budget.
* Responsible for continued growth to meet quarterly goals.
* Develop, implement and monitor on-going marketing for the campus.
* Contribute in planning sessions with the Senior Pastor, Director of Ministry and other Campus pastors to discuss vision, needs, service opportunities and worship focuses for church at large.
* Coordinate with other Campus Pastor’s the key weekly focus.
* Keeps campus focused on all key church initiatives.
* Lead, equip, and oversee the development of small groups within the campus, community – ensuring that care and discipleship in being provided.
* Develop relationships with area pastors (of other denominations) as needed to serve the Kingdom.
Key Results Expected
* The campus consistently demonstrates clarity of 217’s vision by being unified and welcoming with a strong sense of purpose, and is growing.
* The key metrics are growing and the goals and objectives are being met.
* Programs and initiatives are running smoothly.
* People are connected and feel cared for.
* Small groups are growing, healthy and impacting neighborhoods. New groups are regularly established.
* People continue to grow into the Next Level and disciplining relationships are increasing.
* The assimilation and discipleship growth processes are executed effectively.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Spiritual Development: A mature, dedicated Christian who has felt God’s call to this field of ministry.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, preferably in Business, Theology or related field.
* Experience: A minimum of five years in administration and management, and/or five years in Christian ministry leadership.
* Spiritual Gifts: Administration • Leadership • Serving • Encouragement • Sheparding
* Talents or Abilities: Good organizational skills • Ability to lead others • Strategic Thinking • Proven business experience including finance • Solid Bible interpretation • Strong verbal and writing communication skills
* Best Personality Traits: Leader • Dependable • Expresser • Team Builder • Nurturer
* Passion For: Assisting the pastoral staff in leading the church to fulfill the vision.
* Must be a member of church, attend regularly, and support the church financially.
* Pastoral heart.
* Effective communicator and motivator with the ability to step in and deliver God’s messages in an effective way.
* Flexible, process-oriented, supportive team player. A self-starter who possesses personal networking skills.
* Should have the ability to manage teams and individuals.