Position Title: Organist
Status: Part-time (Wednesday night and Sunday morning)
Reports to: Director of Worship and Music
Play the organ (Allen Quantum 350 custom, three manual, 50 stop, installed April 2015) and/or piano at all regular and special services of worship at the church; accompany Chancel Choir (rehearsal and
worship), youth and children’s choirs (in worship). The organist must recognize that he/she is a leader in the church, placed before the congregation as a model of faithful worship and the Christian life. In personal and professional demeanor, this person
must be a model of Christian discipleship and meet the same requirements we would expect of an officer of the church.
Bachelor’s in music performance; advanced degrees and exposure to music in the service of worship preferred; no less than two years experience
- Vital and apparent personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord;
- Deep love for music and the arts, and their use in worship with a strong devotion to using music to glorify Jesus;
- Spiritual gifts toward teaching and leadership, intent on leading all those involved in the ministry of praise in their discipleship of Jesus Christ;
- Teachable and able to be a team player—and team builder;
- Shares in the mission, vision and core values of EPC; committed to Reformed theology with a high view of scriptural authority. Able to accept and live up to the Essential Tenets of the Reformed Faith enumerated by our church, ECO: The Covenant Order of
Salary: Subject to applicant’s experience.
Contact: Mr. Chris Owenby
Apply by: May 20, 2015