East Stroudsburg United Methodist Church located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania is seeking a full-time director of music and worship to begin in the summer of 2015. The Director of Music and Worship will invite, guide, and encourage the people of
the East Stroudsburg United Methodist Church (ESUMC) to offer themselves in authentic worship of God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.
The Director of Music and Worship will be:
- A dedicated Christian who is fully devoted to God and to the church of Jesus Christ and is committed to expressing that devotion through heart-felt worship.
- Dedicated to both traditional and contemporary worship styles which are creative, visionary, flexible, and diverse.
- A person with spiritual gifts in the areas of shepherding, community building, encouragement, faith, and humility.
- Gifted in people management skills, a good listener, motivational, and willing to work as a team player.
- Concerned with the spiritual welfare of volunteers and desiring to serve, inspire, and bless them.
- Proficient with one or more musical instruments and in musical direction.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Formal training and experience in worship planning and musical skills, required
- Five or more years experience leading musical groups or worship, preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Music, preferred
- Understand current trends in both contemporary and traditional worship and propose ideas for advancing the quality of worship services.
- Work with the Worship Design Team in ongoing basic ideas to implement quality music programming for all services.
- Develop programs and opportunities for new music ministries which are compatible with ESUMC's unique nature and vision.
- Direct all music at the traditional service(s) and lead worship at the contemporary service(s).
- Direct, solicit, coordinate, supervise, and support both paid and volunteer music performers.
- Lead the Worship Design Team and implement creative ideas to enhance the worship service theme and order.
- Solicit, coordinate, train, and supervise all musical performers and small musical groups.
- Direct, produce, and arrange music as needed.
Please send resumes and references to email@example.com, to the attention of Pastor James Todd. Candidates must provide a video and/or audio demo or live audition before being considered and will be contacted about these requirements. No phone calls,
please; you may email your questions to the above email address. Salary range: $30,000-35,000, commensurate with experience.
Housing is included.