Wolfforth UMC is a growing, dynamic, multi-service, multi-style church on the Southwest corner of Lubbock Texas. We are filled with young families and children and are strategically located for greater ministry in our community!
Children’s Director’s Primary Purpose:
The Director of Children’s Ministry at Wolfforth UMC seeks to extend the Kingdom of God through leadership in the ministry of the church; through the equipping of children to become maturing disciples of Jesus Christ; through coordinating the efforts of
the church to provide the best Children’s Ministry possible; and (in cooperation with the Lead Pastor, the staff, and lay leadership), to equip the congregation of Wolfforth UMC to realize God’s vision for our church of ‘Reaching . . . Upward, Inward, Outward!”
- Facilitate and direct the children’s ministry of the church.
- Develop and lead a Children’s Ministry Team
- Provide effective training for the Children’s Ministry Team
- Recruit and train volunteers for the Children’s ministry
- In Cooperation with the Nursery Director, PDO Director, and Vine Director oversee the overall effort of the church to provide an excellent Children’s ministry.
- Ensure that all Children’s Ministry volunteers are effectively resourced in their ministry area.
- Implementation and training in regards to our Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
- Lead the Children’s Ministry in effective community outreach and evangelism.
- Regularly research and implement new and innovative ideas for Children’s Ministry.
- Regularly evaluate current programming and implement new programming.
- Ensure that the Children’s Ministry is aligned with and supportive of the vision and ministry of Wolfforth UMC as a whole.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor or SPRC!
Current Programming for Children’s Ministry:
- Sunday School.
- Powerhouse, our version of Children’s Church during the second half of our worship services.
- Club 45! An outreach for 4th & 5th graders on Wednesdays during the school year.
- Vacation Bible School. Usually occurs in June.
- Created by God/Respect. These are annual retreats in the spring. They alternate years and help our 4th and 5th graders understand their bodies and respect them.
- A Children’s Ministry garden during the summer that helps children to be involved with mission, hunger, and helping others.
- Christmas Program in December.
- Easter Egg Hunt the Saturday before Easter.
- Fall Fest on Oct. 31st.
- Children’s Camp (One Way 4/5 Camp) every summer in late June/early July.
Please send a cover letter, resumé, and salary requirements to Rev. Rich Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can find a full job description and application at http://www.wolfforthumc.org/#/home/now-hiring