You probably do not want to join this team.
We love what we do. The people we work with are awesome. We do what we do well. We work hard. We play hard. We are too passionate about the lost. We are growing. We like to laugh. We encourage each other. We are not fully developed. Input from our team matters.
You probably do not want to join this team, but maybe God is telling you that you might be up for the challenge. If so, read on.
Central Church is a vibrant and growing congregation who believes in “No Religion, No Judging, Just Jesus”. Your participation will make a meaningful difference in the spiritual growth and lives of others.
We are passionate about connecting people to the life-changing power of Jesus Christ. The worship at Central Church is an exciting, dynamic, and welcoming environment. The worship services are designed with the whole family in mind, with contemporary worship,
clear biblical teaching, and classes for children.
Central Church is located in Carroll IA. You can learn more about us at yourcentralchurch.com.
Who Should Apply?
First and foremost the successful candidate will have a vibrant faith and be someone who believes Jesus is the only way of salvation. While we will notice the type of college or seminary degree candidates may have, we are equally as interested in ministry
strengths and abilities. Ministry experience is helpful, yet we are open to those in the early stages of ministry. Some key characteristics of the successful candidate will be that they:
- Relate well with high school students and young adults.
- Work well with volunteer leaders and serve as a positive presence in the staff team.
- Stay organized & communicate well since this is an active, multi-faceted ministry.
- Work well with others and support the overall ministry of the church.
- Bring other strengths to the broader church ministry (such as outreach, discipleship, teaching, etc.)
We are looking for someone who is:
- Preparing weekly message and learning experience for weekly youth gatherings
- Preparing weekly small group lesson & leader’s guide
- Teaching at special events such as winter retreats and mission trip
- Interacting with students outside of regular programs
- Connecting with students and families on Sunday morning & Wednesday nights
- Providing pastor care to students and their families (as needed)
- Meeting with students and families for counseling (as needed)
- Praying regularly for students and their family
- Has ability to supply preach in absence of Lead Pastor
- Planning special events throughout the year including all retreats, mission trips, special outings, volunteer appreciation, etc.
- Communicating with volunteer leaders, church staff, parents and students directly
- Developing a budget for all events and maintaining good stewardship with resources
- Creating and developing programming ideas in conjunction with Pastor
- Responding to questions via phone, email, Facebook in a timely manner
- Sending letters, postcards, etc…to students and their families (as needed)
- Developing curriculum for small groups
- Developing teaching series youth ministry, we are not looking for someone to only use curriculums
- Creating/Teaching new ministry tools for volunteers as well as training opportunities together
- Website management and video editing skill highly considered
- Ensuing that the youth ministry is operating within the overall vision of Central
- Overseeing the current youth ministry programs of Merge, small groups, Serve teams and student leadership
- Attending all necessary meetings
- Helping to develop and empower the youth ministry team - both paid staff and volunteer staff
- Encouraging and empowering volunteers in their roles through monthly meetings, emails, one-on-one meeting, etc.
- Recruiting new volunteers to open positions, processing application, background checks, interviewing them and placing them in specific roles with appropriate training
Qualities and Skills
- Learner: Someone who will at their core live into this call as a learner. We are looking for someone who is going to pursue personal and professional growth.
- Relational: Someone who will pursue personal and healthy relationships with students, leaders and parents as a primary way to build connection, buy-in, and discipleship.
- Vision for Youth Ministry: Someone who will come in with a pre-determine vision/philosophy for youth ministry that will be modified as the context demands.
- Understanding of Youth Culture: Someone who knows students and youth culture and has skills in connecting/listening to the ever-changing group of students.
- Bridge builder: Someone who can take God’s word/truth and connect it with the lives of students (7th-12th grades).
- Communicator: Someone who can communicate clearly, compassionately and concisely with students, leaders and parents.
- Character: Someone who has an outstanding character and a high degree of integrity.
- College Degree - Ministry related is preferred
- 2-3 Years of Youth Ministry related experience in some capacity
For consideration for this position contact Paul Stenbo at email@example.com.