GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Serve the Lord by sharing in His work, by the power of the Holy Spirit, in the area of youth ministry with St. Mark’s! St. Mark’s is a large and vibrant congregation passionate about leading and reaching people with the Gospel! This 30-40 hour per week
position includes the leadership of all administrative aspects of youth ministries. Time allocation between ministries is approximately 80% middle school ministry and 20% high school ministry. Reports to Director of Youth and Family Ministry and Director
of High School Ministry.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Be a vital part of the ministry team at St. Mark’s and serve in such a way that brings honor and glory to God.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, volunteers, church staff, and community leaders.
- Recruit, coach and supervise small group leaders and coaches, team leaders, and other volunteers.
- Communicate with fellow staff members, volunteers, parents and students through various means, i.e. telephone, mailings, meetings, activities, email and other tools that are effective in accomplishing goals.
- Handle and oversee organizational and recordkeeping details of the ministry including family database, registration, attendance, income, and expenses for activities and events.
- Attend and participate in youth ministry gatherings and Wednesday night ministries.
- Lead teams which oversee various aspects of this area of ministry including but not limited to trips, retreats, monthly service and fellowship events, trainings, etc.
- Provide “up-front” leadership for meetings and training and other events as needed.
IMPORTANT QUALITIES FOR A PERSON SERVING IN THIS POSITION
- Vibrant personal faith in Jesus Christ and an ongoing desire and commitment to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Align with the vision, mission, and values statements of St. Mark's Lutheran Church.
- Possess a passion for and an understanding of youth ministries and investing in volunteers.
- Strengths in the following areas: leadership, administration, recruitment, delegation and encouragement, planning, organizing, communications and strong relational abilities.
- College degree or at least 5 years experience in a similar position preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite required. Willing to work independently, be flexible and patient in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Be excited to pray hard, work hard, and see lives changed.
Please submit a letter of application and resume to Jane Lindell at St. Mark's, 8300 C Ave NE, Marion, IA 52302 or by email to email@example.com.