Associate Pastor in Youth and Worship
Job Type: Full-time
Core Ministry Area: Youth 2/3, Worship 1/3
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Position Begins: As soon as a suitable applicant is found
Last Updated: April 2015
The Associate Pastor in Youth and Worship will:
- Develop and implement a ministry to Junior High, High School and College students, encouraging them to become fully committed followers of Jesus Christ who disciple others and who develop healthy Christian friendships.
- Lead the church’s worship ministry in ways that cultivates the peoples passion for God and
His mission and that reflects the church’s commitment to multi-generational worship that serves and reaches out to the wider community.
KMBC is located in the town of Kingsburg, CA (pop. Approx. 12,000) and is in close proximity to the cities of Fresno and Visalia. Kingsburg is an ideal place for growing families. Kingsburg has one large High School and one JR high (right across the street from the church) We are also fortunate to have two private Christian Schools nearby that many families are actively involved in. Our Lead Pastor is Jordan Ringhofer, a former youth and worship pastor with 10 years of combined ministry in Fresno California, Salem Oregon, and recently here at KMBC. He served as our Associate Pastor for two years before being called to be our lead pastor. Also included in our Pastoral staff is Care Pastor Byron Neufeld.
1. Continue to develop and train a team of existing volunteers and encourage new volunteers from the congregation to serve in youth ministry.
2. Together with the youth leadership team, facilitate weekly youth ministries, service projects, special events, outreach events, fund raisers, and at least one major annual youth mission trip (local or international).
3. Train and mentor students to lead and serve within their own youth group and in other ministries.
4. Develop relationships with parents of youth and provide regular communication.
5. Research and develop curriculum for youth ministry and leadership.
1. Develop and train a team of existing volunteers and encourage new volunteers from the congregation to serve in the worship music team, including:
a. Lead worship music team rehearsals
b. Recruit, schedule, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, and worship leaders
c. Teach on and model a heart for worshiping God
2. Together with the worship music team, and in consultation with the Lead Pastor, plan and lead worship music for weekly and special worship services.
3. Teach on and model a heart for worshiping God
4. Incorporate a balance of contemporary and traditional style worship music.
5. Monitor the maintenance and use of music and music equipment
1. Serve on the Discipleship Team and Worship Ministry Team.
2. Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
3. Pursue ongoing professional development through youth/worship pastors networks
(MB and local) and attend at least one youth/worship conference a year.
The following responsibilities reflect areas of ministry that need to be fulfilled at KMBC, but can be tailored to fit the strengths of the Associate Pastor.
1. In consultation with the Lead Pastor and Program Committee, organize, rehearse and
lead special music ensembles (i.e. choir) for Easter and Christmas worship services.
2. Facilitate the development of music throughout the church (children, high school, and adults).
Will be evaluated after the first 90 days and thereafter annually.
- A “player-coach”: Can mentor and coach people while also actively participating in the ministry himself/herself.
- Builds a positive attitude toward the church and its leaders, lay and professional.
- Pastoral presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music.
- Able to create and sustain teams of volunteers.
- Ability to play a principal instrument (preferably piano or guitar).
- Able to work with and relate to people of various ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to cultivate persons with leadership potential and musical skills.
- Ability to work with the staff and committees in a team environment.
- Ability to initiate new programs and ideas.
- Ability to reasonably organize and administrate responsibilities
- Experience in choral directing
1. Exhibits a strong Christian character that demonstrates a close relationship with God through personal devotional, worship and prayer life.
2. Committed to the community of KMBC.
3. Agrees with KMBC’s doctrine, mission, and values (please see our website).
Competitive salary to be determined based on experience and qualification.
Please send your resume via email, mail, or fax to: Kingsburg MB Church
c/o Associate Pastor Search Committee
1301 Stroud Ave
Kingsburg, CA 93631
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8