A Quick Overview:
- We are seeking an energetic young musician who has a deep love for Christ and a calling to lead God's people in worship. FCC is a multi-generational, Christian congregation that emphasizes solid Bible teaching and reaching the next generation for Christ.
We currently have both a Sunday morning Praise Team and a Friday night Youth Band that have great potential for growth.
- The Worship Ministries Intern will have opportunities to take both leadership and supportive roles within both teams while raising up and training new instrumentalists and vocalists to build a deeper bench.
- Learning: Learn and develop the skills necessary to become an effective worship pastor. This is an excellent opportunity to prepare for full-time worship ministry down the road.
- Serving & Leading: Help lead worship on Sunday mornings and as needed on Friday nights. (Strong vocals are required. Competence in playing a lead instrument is preferred.)
- Administration: Work with Lead Pastor to design worship services that will draw people closer to Christ.
- Teaching / Mentoring: Help select and train new vocalists, instrumentalists and sound techs for both praise teams.
- Pastoring: Pray for, encourage and help shepherd both the praise team members and the church body.
Core Attributes, Competencies and Skills:
- An abiding relationship with Jesus Christ marked by daily devotions, consistent church attendance, regular tithing and an active life of Christian service. (A deep love for the Psalms is desired.)
- A strong vocalist & lead instrumentalist
- A team player who works well with our staff and volunteers.
- A humble heart - At times you will get to lead worship. At other times you will be in a supportive role. Regardless, you must be a humble worshiper. Check your ego at the door.
- Able to adjust to a variety of songs and worship styles (contemporary choruses and hymns)
- Self motivated, quick learner and a patient teacher
- Flexible and adaptable
To apply for this internship, send the following to email@example.com
- A resume showing relevant experience & skills
- A brief testimony of how you became a Christian
- One or two videos (or links to view/download videos) that demonstrate your range of skill. This should include at least 1 video of you leading worship but can also include videos of you singing/playing any genre of music. Ideally, at least one video should
show how you lead an entire worship set, not just a single song.
- A brief statement about why you're interested in this position.
- A brief statement ackowledging that you've read and support FCC's doctrinal statement "What We Believe," which can be found on our website www.fccvv.com
We look forward to hearing from you!