Job Posting for Youth Ministry Director
Huntsville First United Methodist Church is a mission-minded congregation looking for a dedicated Christian leader to build upon an already-strong youth ministry. Youth at HFUMC are integral to the church as a whole. This full-time director will supervise a
part-time assistant youth director. He or she will also be surrounded by committed adult leaders and supportive pastors and staff.
The Director of Youth Ministry will be directly responsible for:
1 Overseeing the youth ministry (6th through 12th grades) This
includes small group oversight, large group teaching, and working
with our department of missions and evangelism to incorporate
2 Discerning and developing the spiritual/ministry gifts of volunteers.
3 Spiritually preparing the youth for the challenges ahead in young
adulthood through a series of planned experiences beginning with
Confirmation in 6th grade and continuing through Senior Sunday and
• Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
• Added plus: ministry or education focus or advanced degree
• Experience: Minimum of 5 years full-time youth ministry experience
• Or, Comparable experience considered (teaching, ministry,
longer part-time, etc.)
• Background: Familiarity with United Methodist doctrine and practice
• Results: Proven ability to generate growth, be that in numbers and/or specific and identifiable spiritual fruit.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.