Pastor of Student Ministries Job Description
Trinity Evangelical Free Church in Holdrege, Nebraska is now accepting resumes for the full-time Pastor of Student Ministries position. Our purpose as a church is to glorify God among the nations by making disciples like Jesus did. “Like Jesus did” is
the heart of why we do what we do. It is our goal to model our ministry according to His methodology during His earthly ministry. As a result we value relationships as the most effective means for making disciples. Below is a summary of “who we are looking
a) We are looking for an individual to lead our 7-12th grade student ministry that understands the value and importance of relationship over structure and methods.
b) We are looking for someone who can provide leadership to 100 plus high school and middle school students as well as a volunteer adult ministry team.
c) We are looking for someone who has come to a point of brokenness in their life where they recognize how desperate and needy they are for Jesus and the body of Christ.
d) We are looking for someone who sees greater value in character than giftedness.
- The qualified person should meet the qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- The qualified person should have a love for youth and families
- The qualified person should relate comfortably with youth and families
- The qualified person should be in agreement with the EFCA Statement of Faith (efca.org)
- The qualified person should have a good understanding of the scriptures and the ability to communicate that knowledge effectively
- The qualified person should have
demonstrated ability leading and administrating a youth ministry of 100 teens or more
- The qualified person should have an undergrad or post graduate ministry degree
1) Provide administrative oversight and leadership to the 7th – 12th grade youth ministries at Trinity.
2) Build and invest in a team of adult volunteer leaders who will assist in giving oversight to the youth ministry.
3) Employ creative and relational methods for reaching teens for Christ.
4) Create opportunities for corporate worship.
5) Develop and maintain relational connections with the parents and adults in the church.
6) Engage the youth culture through involvement in school events and activities.
7) Provide teaching in large group settings.
8) Pursue ongoing theological and biblical training opportunities.