Our church familiy, located in eastern Washington, is seeking a Director of Finance who will have the responsibility of insuring the Church’s financial operations are processed and reported accurately and with integrity. This will include, but not be limited
to, responsibility for the oversight, management, and leadership in the areas of finance, payroll, internal control, and auditing as well as coordinate and guide Human Resources functions. The successful accomplishment of this position supports the church’s
ministries for their use in furthering God’s kingdom.
This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor and works in conjuction with the Lead Pastor, Treasurer, and other Elders. This position is part of the Ministry Management team overseen by the Elders.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Philosophical alignment with church leadership. A regular and enthusiastic participant of weekend services and enthusiastic supporter of our Mission & Values
- Accounting degree is preferred. Must have 5 years of business or church accounting experience. Non-profit experience a plus. Strong knowledge and ability in financial accounting, control and reporting methods and standards within a non-profit/church
- Payroll and Human Resourse generalist experience required.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, recognize needs/gaps/opportunities, and initiate suggestions to improve church processes.
- Is a team player and recognizes that working with a team is essential to successful ministry. It is expected that he/she work closely with other staff members and develop staff and support team of volunteers made up of team players.
- Computer skills: Strong working knowledge with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel required. Microsoft Word, Web-based contact management/event registration systems experience preferred .
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task and thrive in a deadline intensive environment. Must possess good problem analysis, judgment, and problem-solving ability.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.