This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs like this one.
Stones Crossing Church

Financial Director

Stones Crossing Church
Greenwood, Indiana, United States

Date Posted: 04/22/2015
Categories: Business/Administration
Denominations: Non-Denominational
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time

Job Description:

Ministry Title:            Financial Director

Reports To:               Executive Pastor




The Financial Director is responsible for all financial functions of the church under the direction of the Executive Pastor and Elder Team.


  • Coordinate the recommendation of the annual budget for approval by the Elder Team.
  • Manage the cash-flow position of the church.  Responsibility includes authority to establish credit and collections and purchasing policies and to establish schedules for the payment of bills and financial obligations.
  • Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and review with the Executive Pastor, as needed.
  • Maintain relationships with financial institutions, administer banking arrangements and loan agreements, and invest the church’s assets as approved by the Elder Team.
  • Responsible for all accounting functions including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, capital expenditures, contributions, cash management, loans, audits, internal accounting controls and support of the Executive Pastor in reporting financial information to Elder Team and/or church at large.
  • Serve as purchasing agent.
  • Develop recommendations to appropriate ministry teams on financial matters and implement financial procedures in accordance with policies approved by Executive Pastor and Elder Team.
  • Responsible for the writing, issuing and updating of all policies, which encompass generally accepted accounting principles and internal auditing controls for the operation and administration of the business affairs of the church.
  • Recruit, train and manage volunteers that assist with routine financial tasks.
  • Perform other duties as assigned.



  • Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Stones Crossing’s Bylaws and Policies, Procedures Manual and Employee Handbook.
  • Be committed to the vision, values, beliefs, and mission of Stones Crossing Church.
  • Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
  • Be an example to our church and our community in character and conduct.
  • Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children, if married.
  • Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
  • Maintain cleanliness of work areas.
  • Arrive to meetings, rehearsals, and services on time. Arriving 10 minutes prior to volunteers is best.
  • Practice Matthew 18 principle of going to an offender first to work out problem prior to having unhealthy conversations with a third party.
  • Financially support the work of ministries of Stones Crossing by faithfully giving at least 10% of your income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
  • When Sunday is considered as part of a staff member’s normal scheduled workweek, an additional day off will be scheduled through the Executive Pastor. 
  • Read and be in agreement with the Employee Handbook.
  • Properly follow staff policies and procedures.