The Worship Pastor at Acts Church is someone with a deep love and passion for Jesus and His people; someone with a passion for music, a desire to lead the Body of Christ in praise. The Worship Pastor should thrive in a team environment and have vision to lead the church in a wide range of expressions of worship in the church.
- Lead/oversee all worship services.
- Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters and emerging worship leaders.
- Lead the formation of a worship team(s) that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all the volunteers.
- Oversee the lighting, sound and presentation software teams by leading them to do their jobs with excellence.
- Oversee the Acts Create team by shepherding its leader(s) and aiding with scheduling, vision etc.
- Participate in all staff meetings, retreats, etc.
- Develop and submit annual budget for worship ministry.
- Develop annual vision plan for the worship ministry. This plan will be presented every January.
- Serve in other areas of Acts Church ministries as requested by leadership.
- Recruit and train multi-ethnic and multi-generational worship team volunteers.
- Lead/Oversee the weekly team rehearsals.
- Plan worship sets one month in advance by using the Planning Center software.
- Incorporate at least one new song every two weeks. Spend time looking for songs of different genres and artists
- Oversee the Sound/ Presentation/ Create Teams.
- Oversee the Worship/ Create teams for Encounters to ensure that adequate representation from each team is in attendance and prepared.
- Lead and/ or delegate the process of Acts Church writing and performing original songs.
- Begin to consider and formulate a plan for producing an Acts Church CD.
- Continue education in worship by attending a Worship Conference every year.
- Continue education by reading a minimum of 3 books, pertaining to worship, each year.
- Attend LifeGroup(s) regularly.
- Schedule (3) Nights of Worship each year. (fall, spring & summer)
- Hold auditions for worship team at least twice a year.
- Develop written procedures for Nights of Worship, Technical teams, etc., as needed.
- Work with the staff/ leadership to develop written job descriptions for various volunteers that serve under the authority of the Worship Pastor.
- Faithfully tithe and support Acts Church and its ministries.
- Schedule and lead annual retreat for worship team.
Desired Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Passion for the Lord and maturity in Christian walk.
- Agreement with the doctrinal beliefs, vision and core values of Acts Church.
- Passion and love for worship; call to serve in this role; desire to minister to a diverse body of believers.
- Vision for Worship that includes various genres (hymns, contemporary worship, gospel) and languages (English and Spanish), as well as new and innovative ideas, to further the development of the ministry, its volunteers, and our community.
- Ability to lead adult volunteers, promote community within the ministry and raise up new leaders.
- Ability to administrate, delegate and maintain order of multiple volunteers and duties.
- Active involvement in an Acts Church Lifegroup.
- A working knowledge of music.
- Skilled instrumentalists.
- Ability to lead worship in multiple genres: contemporary, gospel, etc.
How to Apply:
- Submit a Cover Letter and Resume
- Submit four References (At least 2 Ministerial)
- A sample of you leading worship
- Respond to the following:
- Briefly narrate your salvation experience and your call to ministry. (300-400 words)
- Why worship ministry? (300-400 words
Submit information to the church office Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm or by email to David@actswaco.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus Worship LeaderCalvary Chapel Church
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- December 5
Teen & Worship PastorCalvary Baptist Church
- Norwich, New York
- December 5
Worship PastorBridgeway Community Church
- York, Pennsylvania
- December 5
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- December 5
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Acts Church is a body of believers embracing a four-fold vision in the pursuit of following Jesus:?? Devotional Life, Discipleship, Evangelism, and The Table. ??Like the first church in Acts 2:42, we believe there is power through living in community with other believers. Acts Church works to cultivate an atmosphere of transparency, prayer, and passion for the Word, which leads to intimacy with the Lord. The call to come and follow Jesus is an open invitation and we believe that those who respond are called to be supernatural ministers of th More...