Position: Student Creative Director
Reports to: Student Pastor
- Youth Team
- College Team
- Graphic Designers
Position Focus: The role of the Student Creative Director (SCD) is to execute the creative and communications strategy of McKinney Student Ministry under the direction and leadership of the Student Pastor. This role will serve in McKinney Student Ministries, which includes both the Youth (Middle School and High Schol) and College ministries, working closely under the pastors in these areas. Within our leadership structure, the Student Pastor delegates day-to-day leadership over the SCD to the College Pastor and High School Pastor so they can directly speak to the creative needs of each ministry and the execution of the role. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of McKinney Church and the ability build and develop student and adult volunteer teams who can creatively champion its mission, vision and values. The SCD will be responsible for production and direction of weekly service environments, and the execution of all components of communications and marketing to add inspiration, motivation and clarity to student ministry messages.
The Vision: To develop Christ-centered students who make a difference, by helping them Connect with Christ, Transform in Community, & Engage their World.
General duties and responsibilities:
To support the Vision, Purpose, and Process of McKinney Church by leading all components of creativity and communications.
The SCD will be responsible for the following:
- 1. Leading the Way Personally:
We believe effective leaders are taking people someplace they are willing to go. We expect that everyone on the staff team at McKinney models a personal commitment to Christ-centeredness on a daily basis. Secondarily, we expect our staff team to champion and support the mission and vision of McKinney personally.
2. Live Service Production and Direction
The SCD will develop, produce, and direct weekly worship experiences that capture the vision of McKinney Youth and McKinney College Ministries, creating irresistible environments for students using lights, sound, music, and video. These environments should be fun and welcoming to our guests, and should aid even the most mature believer in the room in Connecting with Christ.
3. Creative Content and Branding:
The SCD will be the primary graphic designer & videographer for McKinney Students, as well as contract and develop other graphic designers in order to establish an exciting, influential, and distinct brand for McKinney Student Ministries across multiple platforms, including:
- A. Message Series Artwork
- B. Social Media Images
- C. Print Pieces (Calendars, Booklet, etc.)
- D. Promotions & Apparel (Frisbees, Hats, T-shirts, etc.)
- E. Videography & Editing
- F. Photography
- G. Web
4. Communications and Marketing:
The SCD creates seamless messages that produce simple ways to connect with McKinney Students (and their families), ensuring a consistent experience across multiple touch points:
A. Social Media
C. Promotions & Apparel
- 5. Team/People Development:
The SCD will be an effective recruiter and trainer of volunteers and teams to serve in the areas of communications, graphic design, and video. While the development of these teams is primarily creative, the SCD will pour into his teams on a spiritual level as well, caring for and developing them along with the mission and vision of McKinney.
- Creative – able to think out of the box and design communications that get the attention of the culture.
- Loyal – believes in the vision and tenaciously communicates it.
- Organized – ability to spin multiple plates while managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Forward Thinking– innate sense of where culture and technology is headed with the discernment of when to change.
- Strong Instincts– can trust their gut and knows if something will work within the context of the culture.
- Influencer – relationally connects and influences others to jump on board with new ideas.
- Good Eye – an inherent sense of what artistically works when directing graphic, web, and video design/production.
- Pastoral Heart – thinks “people” and “purpose” first when creating… lets content drive creativity, not the other way around.
- “Sentence Finisher” – able to listen to the vision of youth and college pastors, and surround/achieve that vision with creative elements that bring the vision to life visually.
- “Problem Solver” – able to approach a problem and pursue several different creative solutions when hitting any roadblocks to moving forward.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- College preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in the following software:
Final Cut Pro
• Competency in the following online services and social media channels
• Understanding of light boards
• Understanding of sound boards / audio mixing and engineering
• Experience (2+ years, paid or volunteer) in live production environments
Please submit all resumes and portfolios to our Student Pastor, Nathan Gustafson email@example.com. Along with your resume, please include a link to your portfolio, including samples of both graphic design and videography.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Campus ProducerScottsdale Bible Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Graphic Artist/WriterNorth Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 24
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church
- Everett, Washington
- October 20
McKinney Memorial Bible Church
At McKinney Church, our desire is to "develop Christ-centered people who make a difference." We believe that happens as they connect with Christ; transform in community; and engage their world.More...