Revolution Church is a Free Methodist Church plant in Vinton, Iowa. Vinton is a rural community having a population of about 5,200 residents. Revolution is a growing body of believers which is committed to the restoration of life and community through
the sustained study of God’s Word and genuine efforts to share God’s Word with others while implementing it in our own lives.
Revolution Church seeks a part time youth pastor to begin ministering as part of the leadership team beginning summer 2015. Position offers starting salary of $7000 annually with available housing in 2-bedroom apartment (all utilities paid). The person that
we are seeking will have a calling for youth ministry within a church planting mission. This will require someone who is able to create and build a youth ministry in an environment that does not rely on traditional resources within an established church and
a longing to create something new.
Qualifications of the Youth Pastor The Youth Pastor will fulfill the qualifications of a pastor (including equivalent biblical offices) described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. We seek a man or woman who:
• Has a heart for God and has a Christ-like character of grace and love in alignment with the elder qualifications in Scripture.
• Has a fervent prayer life, devotional life and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Has a love of Scripture, its historical and cultural context, and understands its application to youth today.
• If married, has a healthy marriage and family life.
• Is a self-starter who actively seeks out service and relationship opportunities.
• Is skilled in teaching and communicating, willing to creatively use different mediums to influence the culture with truth.
• Has a willingness to be a team player and to develop both youth and adult leadership.
• Demonstrates commitment and skill in one-to-one relational discipleship.
Responsibilities of the Youth Pastor
• Provide vision and direction to the youth in alignment with the current vision and culture of Revolution Church.
• Plan, organize, and lead youth meetings for middle school and high school students on a regular basis. • Lead all volunteer Youth Ministry volunteers, including recruitment and training of adult leaders.
• Promote an environment where students feel connected to each other as a church family; where each student is valued, celebrated and encouraged to contribute to the life of the church.
• Provide one-on-one mentoring, discipleship and counseling for students.
• Provide opportunities throughout the year for students to serve the church and community.
• Develop and host outreach activities for the purpose of growing youth ministry.
• Assist graduating students as they prepare for life after high school and transition out of the youth ministry.
• Meet frequently with pastor and leadership team for visioning, accountability and support.
• Prepare, utilize and manage the youth ministry budget in accordance with Revolution guidelines and oversight
• Participate in youth activities and events on a conference and denominational level
• Preach to congregation as needed.
To apply, please send electronically, a cover letter, resume, picture of self and family, if applicable, 3 letters of recommendation from pastors/church leaders who can speak to your leadership and ministry experience (include their contact information for
additional follow-up), a link to your current youth ministry/group website or Facebook page and an audio or video teaching, if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications to be received is June 15, 2015.