CONCORD UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
TITLE: Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry (Y2A)
- Christian Education Coordinator: To coordinate with the Christian Education Chairperson/committee for planning Sunday School curriculum, recruiting Sunday school volunteers, scheduling and logistics
- Youth Program Leader: To develop, coordinate and implement ministry programs and special events offering spiritual, social and recreational settings that will facilitate growth (i.e. increased attendance and spiritual growth).
- Young Adult Leader: To develop, coordinate and implement small group ministries for young adults.
- Missions: To coordinate regular mission experiences and service projects for youth and young adults.
- Outreach: To be a visual presence in youth-oriented community events (including but not limited to high school sporting, musical, drama events).
- Teaching: To prepare and teach lessons to various age levels, youth through young adult, as needed.
- Church Life: To be actively involved in the life of the church, including participation in social activities, and being a regular and welcoming presence in church and church functions.
- Profess Faith in Jesus Christ while having a desire and being committed to grow in his/her Faith journey
- Strong Christian character with a passion for sharing Christ with youth of all ages and with young adults
- College degree preferred
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability and willingness to work as a team
- Ability to recognize information and situations that require strict confidence and to handle the same accordingly.
- FBI Clearances, Act 33, Act 34 and Safe Sanctuary Training required.
SUPPLEMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES *:
- Build relationships with children, youth and young adults of the congregation
- Develop and plan activities for children, youth and young adults with volunteer support
- Coordinate and implement recreational activities, retreats and an annual Youth camping event, traditionally held at Jumonville
- Organize and oversee mission trips, service projects, and fundraising events for children, youth and young adults
- Create and maintain a network of specialized small group ministries for youth and young adults
- Recruit and cultivate volunteer leadership teams for children, youth and young adults
- Lead regular meetings with the Christian education committee, the youth volunteers and the young adult volunteers
- Participate in planning and implementing Vacation Bible School
- Establish and maintain electronic and social media communication with youth and young adults while displaying strong moral character in all communications and interactions
- Keep in contact with Concord UMC graduates
- Be visible in the worship experiences of the church
- Be a visible presence in the community and at local school events
- Attend Staff meetings as announced/scheduled by the Lead Pastor
- Adhere to Concord United Methodist Church policies and procedures
- Follow the reporting requirements as mandated under Pennsylvania laws and United Methodist Safe Sanctuary Guidelines
- Communicate with the church office and the Church Council of scheduled events and coordinate activities with the office master calendar
- Prepare a monthly Christian education report, Youth program report and Young Adult program report for the Church Council
- To lead the Traditional and Contemporary Services as the opportunity arises in coordination with the lead Pastor
*These duties are not to be considered as a complete and detailed list of all related work requirements that may be part of this job.
- Reports directly to the Lead Pastor of Concord United Methodist Church
- Accountable to Church Council through the Staff Parish Relations Committee, who will be responsible for the Job Description, Performance Evaluation, Salary and Benefits