CONCORD UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
TITLE: Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry (Y2A)
- Christian Education Coordinator: To coordinate with the Christian Education Chairperson/committee for planning Sunday School curriculum, recruiting Sunday school volunteers, scheduling and logistics
- Youth Program Leader: To develop, coordinate and implement ministry programs and special events offering spiritual, social and recreational settings that will facilitate growth (i.e. increased attendance and spiritual growth).
- Young Adult Leader: To develop, coordinate and implement small group ministries for young adults.
- Missions: To coordinate regular mission experiences and service projects for youth and young adults.
- Outreach: To be a visual presence in youth-oriented community events (including but not limited to high school sporting, musical, drama events).
- Teaching: To prepare and teach lessons to various age levels, youth through young adult, as needed.
- Church Life: To be actively involved in the life of the church, including participation in social activities, and being a regular and welcoming presence in church and church functions.
- Profess Faith in Jesus Christ while having a desire and being committed to grow in his/her Faith journey
- Strong Christian character with a passion for sharing Christ with youth of all ages and with young adults
- College degree preferred
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability and willingness to work as a team
- Ability to recognize information and situations that require strict confidence and to handle the same accordingly.
- FBI Clearances, Act 33, Act 34 and Safe Sanctuary Training required.
SUPPLEMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES *:
- Build relationships with children, youth and young adults of the congregation
- Develop and plan activities for children, youth and young adults with volunteer support
- Coordinate and implement recreational activities, retreats and an annual Youth camping event, traditionally held at Jumonville
- Organize and oversee mission trips, service projects, and fundraising events for children, youth and young adults
- Create and maintain a network of specialized small group ministries for youth and young adults
- Recruit and cultivate volunteer leadership teams for children, youth and young adults
- Lead regular meetings with the Christian education committee, the youth volunteers and the young adult volunteers
- Participate in planning and implementing Vacation Bible School
- Establish and maintain electronic and social media communication with youth and young adults while displaying strong moral character in all communications and interactions
- Keep in contact with Concord UMC graduates
- Be visible in the worship experiences of the church
- Be a visible presence in the community and at local school events
- Attend Staff meetings as announced/scheduled by the Lead Pastor
- Adhere to Concord United Methodist Church policies and procedures
- Follow the reporting requirements as mandated under Pennsylvania laws and United Methodist Safe Sanctuary Guidelines
- Communicate with the church office and the Church Council of scheduled events and coordinate activities with the office master calendar
- Prepare a monthly Christian education report, Youth program report and Young Adult program report for the Church Council
- To lead the Traditional and Contemporary Services as the opportunity arises in coordination with the lead Pastor
*These duties are not to be considered as a complete and detailed list of all related work requirements that may be part of this job.
- Reports directly to the Lead Pastor of Concord United Methodist Church
- Accountable to Church Council through the Staff Parish Relations Committee, who will be responsible for the Job Description, Performance Evaluation, Salary and Benefits
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Concord United Methodist Church
Concord Church is a welcoming faith community in the United Methodist tradition offering both traditional and modern worship experiences each Sunday as well as a vibrant youth program, Sunday school and other learning opportunities throughout the week. More...