First Baptist Church Morristown, TN is seeking a full-time Director of Facilities who has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a call to ministry through facility management, Biblical people service/servant skills, the ability to supervise, train and
inspire to pursue excellence and the vision and skills to implement a proactive facility stewardship plan.
Job Requirements include:
- Active membership and involvement in a local church;
- Minimum High School graduate (College or technical degree preferred). Three years documented multi-staff supervisory experience. Five years in property, facility, custodial, or related experience, including at least three years in multi-building property/facility
- Proficient in basic building maintenance and mechanical skills, including: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC operation, fire/security systems, tools and custodial skills;
- Ability to perform strenuous and continuous physical work, including heavy lifting over 50 pounds with complete mobility in building and grounds activities;
- Ideal if certified by National Association of Church Facility Managers (NACFM) or similar qualification;
- Have or willing to obtain CDL certification on personal time;
- Standard computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Strong planning, organizational, scheduling, delegation, evaluation, and analytical skills;
- Self-starting motivation, reliable, punctual and regular in attendance.
Detailed Position Description is available upon request. Compensation will be competitive and dependent on qualifications. Medical insurance and other benefits provided for employee.
First Baptist Church Morristown, Tennessee is an active Southern Baptist church that has seen exciting growth in the last eight years, including membership, attendance, finances, and facilities. We currently have over 2,000 members and an average attendance
of 1,200 for worship. Morristown is located in East Tennessee, one hour from Pigeon Forge, in the foothills of the Smokies and adjacent to Cherokee Lake, which is a 35 mile long lake managed by TVA. Morristown is a wonderful place to raise a family.
If you sense God’s calling and desire to explore this ministry opportunity, please e-mail 1) a personalized cover letter including your call to ministry through facility management, description of your leadership style, why you are interested in this position,
and what makes you stand out from other candidates and 2) your resume, including at least three references (previous supervisor, subordinate, and volunteer ministry co-worker) to email@example.com. If you prefer, you may mail to FBC Morristown, Director
of Facilities Search, P.O. Box 1899, Morristown, TN 37816. We will accept resumes until the position is filled by the person God is calling. We will notify candidates for whom a telephone interview is requested.