To apply for this position, email a cover letter, resume and other relevant material to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Church of Granger, Indiana is seeking to team up with the person God has specifically prepared for our community. We believe this person will be the top Next-Gen Pastor in the country, with a passion for kids, cradle to 18, and the skill set to be a leader of leaders, empowering others to help him execute a strategy to turn vision into reality.
52025 Gumwood Road, Granger, Indiana 46530
Grace Church is a non-denominational community with Baptist roots, currently averaging around 600 in attendance each week in two identical services. We believe that God is specifically working and blessing and is positioning us for unprecedented growth in the days ahead. We firmly believe that God has big things in store for us and that our best days are yet to come.
Grace Baptist Church was founded in 1955 in a residential area on the north side of South Bend. The early days were full of excitement as God brought people to Himself through the addition of many ministry programs in a traditional setting. In 1992, the church moved “out into the country” to its current location on 22 acres in Granger.
In chapter 2 of the Grace story, we continue to see God’s hand of blessing. Over the past 20+ years, we have seen dozens of neighborhoods develop around us, and now, Granger is a major population center and one of the most retail-dense areas in the state. In addition to the growth of the community, we have seen growth in the lives of people. The name of the church changed to Grace Church, the worship style changed, and many of the programs have changed as well—all in effort to be used by God and see Him change lives.
We look forward to the Next Chapter!
The position of Next-Gen Pastor is a new role. Through a couple of different circumstances, we have a unique opportunity to unite our entire program for kids under one umbrella. We are not asking one person to do the job of Children’s Director and Youth Pastor, but rather, we are asking one person to help us build a strategy of developing the hearts of kids by developing others who will have a direct impact on kids’ lives.
The Job Description
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Position Status: Full Time, Regular-Exempt
Position Summary: A leader of ministry leaders who faithfully pursues Grace’s vision by directing, developing, and maintaining our next generation (NextGen) ministries (infancy through 12th grade) and its leaders. He will work with ministry leaders and members of pastoral staff to integrate family-oriented discipleship and parenting initiatives throughout the church and cultivate a “spiritual family” culture within Grace by facilitating community development across generational lines.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and implement a ministry vision and philosophy that balances outreach and discipleship and strategically unites all NextGen ministries.
- Adopt a “training leaders” mindset, providing support in the development (recruiting, training, supervising) and nurturing of NextGen ministry leadership and volunteer leaders.
- Recruit, develop and train lay leaders to help implement and run the NextGen ministries; Supervise ministry leaders in the selection and training of lay leaders and volunteers
- Oversee NextGen ministry leaders in the selection of curriculum, process/program development and educational materials for all programs and activities.
- Learn from and incorporate best practices of other effective NextGen Ministries to increase the effectiveness of Grace’s NextGen ministries.
- Establish annual goals with NextGen ministry leaders that are consistent with our vision and values.
- Provide administrative leadership for long-range planning, budgeting, and calendar coordination.
- Lead each ministry through an annual evaluation process to ensure fulfillment of goals.
- Partner with parents to lead their kids & students to become growing disciples.
- Increase the visibility of NextGen ministries to the entire congregation and to the surrounding community.
- Provide direction for and coordination of NextGen ministries during regular meetings.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, having a mature Christian walk of faith; agree fully with Grace’s statement of faith.
- Meets the qualifications for biblical leadership (1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1).
- Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5) and is able discern truth as revealed in God’s Word.
- Demonstrates a faithful commitment to prayer and studying God’s Word.
- Exhibits a heart of compassion and humility; is both trustworthy and a servant leader.
- Maintains a healthy ministry-family balance.
- Is a member (or willing to become a member) of Grace Church.
- Be able to motivate adult leaders and elevate the effectiveness of the NextGen ministries.
- Be able to help assist parents in the spiritual formation of their children.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Be able to multi-task and stay on track with regular interruptions.
- Be creative, detail-oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, create and maintain systems and motivate others.
- Exhibit the qualities of a team player and work collaboratively with others to bring about the best and most effective ideas, plans, and solutions.
- Exhibit the qualities of a “Life Long Learner” (reading, training, participating in discussions of Biblically-sound ideas).
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including strong listening skills.
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience in pastoral or ministry leadership role(s).
- Possess experience recruiting, developing and training lay leaders to help implement and run ministries
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in divinity, theology, other faith-related education.
The NextGen Pastor works directly under the Lead Pastor and receives an annual performance evaluation from the Lead Pastor with input from the Elders.
Must pass pre-employment drug screen, nationwide criminal background and child abuse/sex offender registry checks.
This job operates in an office/church environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear in one-on-one and small to large group settings. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, expected to require a minimum of 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to faithfully fulfill the duties as described both in and out of the office. Due to the fluctuating demands of this position there will be flexibility around specific hours worked in order to be available for evening or weekend activities as well as meet the needs of the various ministries and ministry leaders on a 24/7/365 basis. As such, while a daytime office schedule will be expected, it is more important that the mission of this position be faithfully executed than to hold to a specific schedule.
Occasional travel is expected in this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Outreach PastorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Youth Director/PastorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2